Quantcast

RepublicanCare®

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

And now we wait to see how Trump plays this off as not his fault or it somehow being a victory for him. After all, who knew healthcare could be so complicated?

Last edited:
leave imba out of it?
It's not the IMBA 300 California riders a day effect, it's large crews without a honcho who knows their ass from their elbow. IMBA chapters have been building some really nice stuff in the southwest, not highways. I've wound up with my eyes crossed here watching large groups with power equipment fuck up "trails", and we ain't IMBA here. I prefer working on the ridges with @Bunnista using hand saw, rake, and loppers.

What we're trying to do around here is to have two kinds of legal networks, those we tell people about and those we don't, at the discretion of those who build and maintain and of landowners. In my opinion, over time, the unpublicized trails seem to stay sweeter for longer, which is no surprise...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:rofl:

I wish it had been put to a vote so everyone would know who and who wasn't willing to subject their constituents to such a finely crafted piece of legislation.

Last edited:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001

I wish it had been put to a vote so everyone would know who and who wasn't willing to subject their constituents to such a finely crafted piece of legislation.
Can't find a link but The Hill was maintaining a Whip List for the House.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Trump is a great negotiator, the best. He gave the country the bigliest possible health care law.

The Republicans did a great job of what they do best, not pass laws.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
For a week now I've thought that 45 Administration wants to be able to wash their hands of this sh*tbag promise to fuck over Americans, hence the "you have to vote today when we know it will fail".

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
So i have this close friend who is very intelligent in general. She is originally from Peru but moved to Richmond VA a few years back and married this typical "Murican" guy. And im not just talking flags hangin from the porch, im talkin portraits of Washington and shit all over the house.

Obviously shes been influenced by him and the people she deals with every day just living there, But to my surprise she has actually become negative or even hostile towards my liberal/democratic points of view.
Which for me is just crazy especially her being an immigrant, especially a highly educated one.

We had a discussion the other day about the republicare act and she just couldnt shut up about some of her friends who were litterally being forced to pay for Obama care while they didnt have the money.
I told her it would probably be even worse under the Republicare act and they should be gratefull for being covered at all, but since im just watching the show from the sidelines here in Yurp, today I realised I might not have all the info/facts (even alternative ones) to really know whats going on.

Anyone have anything usefull on this?
Id really like to talk some sense into her but not sure im getting everything right..

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
She's watching Fox over her husband's shoulder.
Yeah I realise that actually happens cause ive tried talking to her about this before. About how they are owned by a very conservative republican media boss, and even about them being hostile towards Trumps policies/actions these days. But its like she doesnt want to listen to reason and keeps saying she doesnt really follow these things enough to have a discussion about it. Which ofcourse pisses me off even more...

Are some people just beyond reason and deductive thinking? Even if theyre smart? I mean the only reason I can think of, for an otherwise intelligent person to be on the Drumpf side of things is litterally when they dont care enough about the subject to really form an educated opinion on it and just go with what their friends think.
Which is directly in contrast with them being smart because that would automatically mean they would fucking research this shit cause its important...

Anyways. I dont get it. People must be even dumber then I allready thought was possible.
I googled some shit the other day about people actually breaking up with their partner about supporting Drumpf. Long time couples who even got divorced over this shit so I guess its not that weird that I feel like cutting her off.
It just feels weird cause i also want the best for her.

Just out of curiousity, i know this has become a pretty personal subject, even for this thread, but has anyone else actually broken up a friendship/relationship/whatever about this stuff or am i the only idiot who takes this shit so serious?
Mind you i dont even live in the fucking us :crazy:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
We had a discussion the other day about the republicare act and she just couldnt shut up about some of her friends who were litterally being forced to pay for Obama care while they didnt have the money.
This keeps coming up. I hear people at work saying the same thing, as ive I can pick and choose to not spend money on Israel, your endless war, big oil tax credits, and so on. This whole "we should have a scantron and choose where we want our tax money to go" idea is just ridiculous. To quote them, "you pay for your stuff and I'll pay for my stuff". They don't understand on a most basic level how country works. You don't get to F-ing pick and choose. You vote.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Bullshit. Ask her to name them. There are one of two possibilities here:
1. Yes, insurance is expensive. Welcome to life. The first time you get hit by a car or a get life threatening disease, proper insurance is going to seem dirt cheap. If you can't figure it out, you suck with your money. Or
2: Maybe these "friends" really are dirt poor. Congratulations! The american people now get to subsidize your healthcare plan and it will be provided to you for a fraction of the actual cost.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Bullshit. Ask her to name them. There are one of two possibilities here:
1. Yes, insurance is expensive. Welcome to life. The first time you get hit by a car or a get life threatening disease, proper insurance is going to seem dirt cheap. If you can't figure it out, you suck with your money. Or
2: Maybe these "friends" really are dirt poor. Congratulations! The american people now get to subsidize your healthcare plan and it will be provided to you for a fraction of the actual cost.
Wrong. By not forcing people to buy insurance, the insurance companies will be forced to lower premiums so the care will be cost effective. Then you get a tax break to help pay for it. And you can buy across state lines, like legal weed so you can "shop" for a better deal than from Steve on the corner.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Xpost:

The reason the republicans "saved Obamacare" is because they still would have had to pay for some other people "getting stuff for free" under the proposed plan, which is not part of the "jebus will mercy-kill the poor people with cancer so they can go to cloud city"-plan that they support.