Quantcast

Returning Monkey

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Greetings one and all,

It’s been quite some time since I was active on this board. Life, and its various and sundry influences and setbacks have kept me busy elsewhere.

Since we last met:
• Found that I’d jacked up my back in a wreck at the NORBA event at Schwietzer.
• Met a great lady named Kathy
• Kathy’s Mom passed
• Left Specialized
• Went to work for SMC (manufacturing automation)
• Proposed to Kathy
• Really really jacked up my back, as a result lost some feeling in my leg. Found a Chiro who wasn’t a quack and he started getting me “right”.
• Kathy and I spent 3 weeks in Italy. Rented a villa and had 30 of our friends over for our wedding. Ceremony was held in a 12th 13th century hilltop town in Umbria. We spent the last week walking Cinque Terra.
• We began construction on our new home in Mountain View.
• Left SMC
• Went to work for Rackable Systems
• Construction completed on our new home, and moved into same.
• Began fixing up old house in Downtown San Jose.

That’s the high (and some) low points.

The departure from Specialized, combined with the jacked up back and associated weight gain conspired to really sour me to cycling for a while. On top of that, job changes, building the house etc etc = FAT.

Lately though I have been able to get on the roadbike some which has been really really great. I hadn’t realized how much I was missing cycling. I’m still a long way off in terms of strength in my back to get on a mountain bike…..and the DH bike will have to stay in the corner of the garage probably until at least next year.

So anyway, I’ll be around a bit here and there. Probably more as I spend more time on the bike.
If anyone has any back-rehab experience I’m all ears. I’d love to accelerate this process.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
TRUE!!! What's up dude. Good to hear life's treating you well (for the most part).
-Stone

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
Three things helped my effed up back(stress fractures in L1 & L3) heal:
1) 2 Ibuprofen 800s and 2 Naproxen per day
2) Walking an hour per day and doing crunches when in pain
3) Giving up staircase drops to flat and riding hardtails

After about a month of the above, I felt a heck of a lot better...plus now I have a ready-made excuse for being a drops pvssy. :biggrin:

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Welcome back DT! Lots of old timers still here... congrats on the wedding and house.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Since we last met:
• Found that I’d jacked up my back in a wreck at the NORBA event at Schwietzer.
• Met a great lady named Kathy
• Kathy’s Mom passed
• Left Specialized
• Went to work for SMC (manufacturing automation)
• Proposed to Kathy
• Really really jacked up my back, as a result lost some feeling in my leg. Found a Chiro who wasn’t a quack and he started getting me “right”.
• Kathy and I spent 3 weeks in Italy. Rented a villa and had 30 of our friends over for our wedding. Ceremony was held in a 12th 13th century hilltop town in Umbria. We spent the last week walking Cinque Terra.
• We began construction on our new home in Mountain View.
• Left SMC
• Went to work for Rackable Systems
• Construction completed on our new home, and moved into same.
• Began fixing up old house in Downtown San Jose.
DUDE. Good to see you.

Marriage rocks.

What's up True, how have you been?
:think:

Did you even read the first post?

:D

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Jeebus they'll let anyone back here. Next thing you know we're all going to be accosted by velvet paintings of cats and subjected to relentless ramblings about hair metal bands. Excuse me, HAYER metal bands, that is.

Not that I'd mind, mind you.

And welcome back True, happy to hear the guiding light is returning you back to your roots. Have fun out there, and looking forward to seeing you around a bit more.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Jeebus they'll let anyone back here. Next thing you know we're all going to be accosted by velvet paintings of cats and subjected to relentless ramblings about hair metal bands. Excuse me, HAYER metal bands, that is.

Not that I'd mind, mind you.

And welcome back True, happy to hear the guiding light is returning you back to your roots. Have fun out there, and looking forward to seeing you around a bit more.
That would be so f*#king awesome.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
psh...one lousy green square...

I'm sure you'll pass me in no time.

Strong abs is apparently they key. Worked for my mom and she's old.