Quantcast

review of the remington 597

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
not much but it should be fun for pushing a tennis ball as far as you can. I've heard of certain military elements who use suppressed .22 rimfire's for close in sniping. Can anyone confirm this?

$tinkle... your new avatar is just as hot as your old one :drool:

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
Cooling off period is over so I'm picking up a Keltec Su-16 today. Scored it cheap.

Lowlight7

Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Virginia, USA
I've heard of certain military elements who use suppressed .22 rimfire's for close in sniping. Can anyone confirm this?
Unlikely. There is, however, a long and documented history of various SWAT teams and certain military units using integrally supressed Ruger 10/22 rifles and Mark II pistol to kill guard dogs or knock out ambient lights prior to a raid. I can't remember the name of the company that produces them, but the integral cans are supposed to be near-silent.

not much but it should be fun for pushing a tennis ball as far as you can. I've heard of certain military elements who use suppressed .22 rimfire's for close in sniping. Can anyone confirm this?

$tinkle... your new avatar is just as hot as your old one :drool:
Not sniping. For dispatching dogs, peacocks and other watch animals. Don't for get the super close don't want to make noise or get brains and cranium chunks on me occasions.

Mr Jones

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2007
Just picked up my bran spankin used Kel-tec Su16. This thing is so light and it accepts AR mags. It folds up to less than 20 inches long and fits in my hiking pack. Has 2 10rd mags in the buttstock. With 50rds (2 10rd mags in stock + 1 30rd AR mag) and my "pimp my rifle" scope, it's under 10lbs! I'm going to the range tomorrow afternoon! Woot Woot!

oh and for further pimpness, the fore guard splits open and folds down becoming a bipod!