Quantcast

Reviews on FELT F60, help with riding gear!!!

freeride6

Chimp
Sep 22, 2001
MA
Hey guys,
I have just started road riding and need some advice such as what to wear, what to eat, what to get, etc. I am 16 years old and have been a dirt jumper/freerider. I overlooked XC riding and road riding because to be honest when I though about that style of riding, I could picture old guys in spandex. (no offense :) ). I have just recently started working at scotties westport bicycle and I have been listening to guys talking about how much fun they have had road and XC riding. I just traded in my DH bike for an XC bike. I have relized that having a DH bike is pointless unless you go DH. I love it!
My boss wanted someone to go road riding with and I decided to give it a try. I straped on my vans mtb shoes, and grabbed my brothers road bike (Iron Horse Cyclone). WOW.....it was great!! We did a 30 mile ride and we averaged about 17 mph. It felt like I was flying above the pavement in my own little world. I went out with him again and did another 30 mile ride but we averaged about 18.6. It feels great after you boost your average up a little! Anyway, I decided to purchase a bike, so Scot (my boss) said I would be good on a Felt F60. They are a fairly new company in the US but I have herd good things about them. I was wondering if anybody has demoed/bought/seen this bike and if you could give me a little review that would be great!
Also, I need some advise on what to wear (Keep in mind that I dont have a very big wallet!). Any tips would be great too.

ride hard,
Kyle

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
I've heard great things about Felt and the F60 has a nice setup... mix of 105 and Ultegra. I looked at them, but I've been brainwashed into a steel frame and I think Felt's are aluminum.

I assume you're getting a kick @ss discount since you work in at a shop? If so, don't settle for anything less than 105 group.

As for what to wear, stick with your mtb gear for the meantime if money's tight. Who cares if you're wearing baggy shorts or mtb shoes?

And congrats! Welcome to the dark side ;)