Quantcast

Ride Humboldt!

kindtrails

Monkey
May 23, 2006
Humboldt
Hey-- I was wondering if there is anyone else out there in my area looking to do some epic riding? There is so many places to go ride, It is hard to choose!:)

Jun 18, 2004
dude, are you in the wrong forum?... driving to humbolt? or did you stumble upon a grow op in the Redwood forest? @420?:evil:

kindtrails

Monkey
May 23, 2006
Humboldt
dAMN- IS THERE NOBODY ELSE IN HUMBOLDT ON RIDEMONKEY? I NEED TO TEST OUT MY NEW SLED-IT IS TOO DAMN SHINNY! I'LL POST SOME PICS SOON

ffonsok

Monkey
Dec 6, 2005
seattle is 5 hours away from whistler
don't make me bring a northwest style beatdown on yo n00b arse

kindtrails

Monkey
May 23, 2006
Humboldt
5 hours?! Man, I am 5 minutes to over 500+ mi. of epic riding. No pussy lifts here- you have to ride up. I went on a downhill run at lunch yesterday on my buddy's 120acres. 3mi long, 2000+ ft. of elevation loss! Ia am sorry you have to drive so far just to ride.

Jun 18, 2004
kindtrails said:
5 hours?! Man, I am 5 minutes to over 500+ mi. of epic riding. No pussy lifts here- you have to ride up. I went on a downhill run at lunch yesterday on my buddy's 120acres. 3mi long, 2000+ ft. of elevation loss! Ia am sorry you have to drive so far just to ride.
So why don't you post in the Nor Cal forum? (Let me guess, it's because your full of it)

kindtrails

Monkey
May 23, 2006
Humboldt
Too busy riding! Just went riding under the old growth sequoias next to the Van Duzen river. Smooth, fast singletrack! I am going to do some riding tomorrow on Simpson Timber land in Cutten. Epic trails!

kindtrails

Monkey
May 23, 2006
Humboldt
Man I went riding on my old turf in Cutten. (It is Palco land not Simpson). I guess the loggers didn't like us bikers and motos riding on their land, so someone went through and selectivley cut trees down , just to block the trails! Alot too! every 50 feet! on miles and miles of trails! Luckily for me, some motos have allready cut new trails around some of the trees! Boy I hand to work hard to ride!

kindtrails

Monkey
May 23, 2006
Humboldt
I heard about two sweet downhill trails. The couch trail and the Jacoby creek trail. I was told the J.C. trail starts off of Kneeland Rd., just past the post office, Behind a red gate. I hear it is 9 miles of downhill joy. It dumps you off on Jacoby Creek Rd. The couch trail starts somewhere about 9 miles up Fickle Hill Rd. I hear this one is 14 miles long ALL DOWN! I'll post more after I have ridden them.

kindtrails

Monkey
May 23, 2006
Humboldt
I rode the Kneeland downhill the other day. Man it was sick! 14 miles long with one nice uphill in the middle to get you heart thumpin. It is about 1.5 hour ride with a 30 minute shuttle in between. The ride is amazing there are 2-4foot tall waterbars every 100 feet or so, it is like jump practice! one after the next. Man my arms were sore the next day! At the end it turns to singletrack for about 3-4 miles, down in the redwoods beside Jacoby creek. There are two swweet creek crossings too. This ride has it all. Towards the end of the trail, there is a spot were the trail is washed out. It was a 4 foot dia. hole in the trail! It is in a super fast section where I was haullin' ass, I came around a sharp corner to see it, Yelled OOHH SHHIIT, Pulled up and flew right over the hole! It happened so fast, I thought I was going down the hill into the creek ( a ways down at this point! ) Afterwards I came up to my buddy who showed me the trail. He said he was yelling to warn me, But I couldn't hear him! Can't wait to go back!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i think they cook Taco Time tater tots in a different kind of grease in Oregon. They taste a little funny, plus they don't have crushed ice in their pop.