Quantcast

Ridemonkey March Madness bracket manager challenge

biker3

Turbo Monkey
You boys better have picked the Hogs, cuz were gunna WHOOOO PIGGG SOOOIEEEE our way past Memphis after we stomp Bucknell.

Hogs are back, Believe it. The most hated, underrated, underappreciated and dominant team of the 90's. Too bad we don't have Nolan with this bunch.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
biker3 said:
You boys better have picked the Hogs, cuz were gunna WHOOOO PIGGG SOOOIEEEE our way past Memphis after we stomp Bucknell.

Hogs are back, Believe it. The most hated, underrated, underappreciated and dominant team of the 90's. Too bad we don't have Nolan with this bunch.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :oink: :oink: :oink:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I got 10 right in the monkey pool, 12 right in the money pool at work (sorry monkeys, but I care about that one more). In the latter, I picked the Syracuse and Marquette upset.

I couldn't believe the end of that Tennessee game! I really wanted to see the upset, even though it would have hurt my bracket.

I'm going 16-0 today. In both pools. I don't care that I don't the same picks on the two sheets.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I'm 12/16 and none of my losses carry over to the next round. Not too bad!

Edit: tied for 4th place with sanjuro, and will cre. (Who's Will Cre?)

J

JRB

I don't know about the bracket, but I watched A&M school Syracuse. I didn't even know the Aggies had a team. Julie was an Aggie and a Longhorn, so when A&M doesn't play UT, I root for them. I don't know the whole "yay Aggie" thing they do so I got nothing there. I fully expect them to blow the next round.

Is there a tournament schedule somewhere, or is that in the bracket? I have just become interested.

J

JRB

Interesting - I thought I saw on local news that Texas had lost. Maybe not.

Not so sure that A&M can beat LSU. Doesn't LSU usually have a strong program? I have never heard of George Washington (I really don't pay attention to schools that I know I wouldn't go to), but the commentators last night thought that they could give Duke some trouble. I could have been dreaming though.

J

JRB

I may watch TX/Penn.

IAB - I don't know about GW, but I can only assume you are right. Didn't UNC whip up on Duke a couple of weeks back though???

*I spent part of my time with a retired NCAA official and he had some cool stories. I had no idea that those guys made the cash they make.

J

JRB

Echo said:
Friendly side wager?
I don't think Phil likes me enough to make the wager friendly. :D

*I would take GW for something cheap and fair, since I like the underdog. I don't know anything about point spreads though, so I will have to consult to see if it makes sense. I'll wager a sixer of good local ale if you want it Bab's.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
loco said:
I may watch TX/Penn.

Didn't UNC whip up on Duke a couple of weeks back though???

Using UNC vs. Duke as a metric is pretty pointless because of their proximity and intense rivalry. Either team can beat the other on any given day/year regardless of ranking or strength of team because they get so intense. That's one reason ACC basketball is so fun to watch. They split this year. Duke won at UNC and UNC won at Duke.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
jdschall said:
Anybody predicting any big upsets today? I have 10 seed NCSU over 7 seed Cali. I think that's it.
I have that same upset. I aso picked Bradley (14) over Kansas (3). What the HELL was I thinking!? :help:

Sorry Echo, I'm not a gambling man. :D (other than the pool of course). My betting on a game would guarantee my failure. However, I think GW is highly overrated. They got beat up in their conference tournament and played an incredibly weak schedule (something like the 320th weakest schedule in the country). I think GW will be lucky to stay within 20 points of Duke.

Edit: BTW, I had GW losing yesterday and dammit I was almost right.

J

JRB

Whew - I wasn't looking forward to mailing beer anyway.

I see your point on the UNC v. Duke think jdschall. I am pretty new to this drinking beer and watching basketball thing.

*note - I still don't call it hoops.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Loco, having a filled out bracket sheet in front on you with bragging rights and/or money on the line is what makes this tournament fun. You care about games you normally couldn't give two craps about. I mean, who the hell really cares about an Iowa/Northwestern State game? ONLY when it's the NCAA tourney and a correct pick rides on it. :D

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
loco said:
I see your point on the UNC v. Duke think jdschall. I am pretty new to this drinking beer and watching basketball thing.

Living in Chapel Hill for 9 years, going to NC State, having a girl friend at UNC and hating Duke taught me to love it. Still I pretty much tune out the entire regular season (with exception of a few important games) and only crank it up for the ACC and the NCAA tourneys.

Speaking of beer and debauchery, you haven't lived until you've been on Franklin St. in Chapel Hill after a UNC win over Duke.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
The pool I'm in is different. We have 16 people $5 each to get in, and had a random draft order. Everyone picks 4 teams. The draft order was 1-16, 16-1, 16-1, 1-16. I picked 8th so I don't have much chance of winning it all. The only decent team left when my turn came up was Kansas. But to make the lower seed games interesting, if you have a 9-16 seed that upsets a 1-8 seed, you get $2 from that person. So far I only lost one of my teams, South Alabama. I'm still in it with Kansas, GW, and Murray St. GW went 26-2 this year, easy schedule or not they know how to win. I'm just hoping Duke comes in WAY overconfident.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
DRB said:
That's where Duke's performance last night hurts. K will be ripping them so I'm not sure that they can come in overconfident.
Man I was so hoping Duke would get upset last night. That would basically have put GW in the final four.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
DRB said:
That's where Duke's performance last night hurts. K will be ripping them so I'm not sure that they can come in overconfident.

Yeah that's not really Duke's MO. I think coach K must have some sort of magic brainwashing power over his players and officials. It usually seems like he is in complete control. That's why I hate him so.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I think a team that goes 21-9 with losses to the likes of Duke, Kansas, Ohio State, Uconn, etc are better prepared for the tournament than a 26-2 team that's beat up on a lot of scrubs. Just my opinon though, and a million opinions is what makes this fun. :)

BTW, I would LOVE to see GW upset Duke, even though it'd kill by bracket. That would be $10 well spent.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I Are Baboon said:
I think a team that goes 21-9 with losses to the likes of Duke, Kansas, Ohio State, Uconn, etc are better prepared for the tournament than a 26-2 team that's beat up on a lot of scrubs. Just my opinon though, and a million opinions is what makes this fun. :)

BTW, I would LOVE to see GW upset Duke, even though it'd kill by bracket. That would be $10 well spent.
Duke definitely should rip GW a new one on paper. But they still gotta play the game.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
DRB said:
Who the hell is John Clark?

Y'all can go to Options > Personal and change the YOUR NAME field to your RM name.

I changed mine just in case some idiot couldn't figure out that Dave Schall is jdschall. Now the rest of you change yours!