Quantcast

Ridemonkey Secret Santa: 2017 edition!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Welcome to the Ridemonkey Secret Santa thread for 2017.

And thus begins the annual tradition of illegally shipping alcohol across state lines.

Interested but don't know what to expect? Here are the last few years' threads with enrollment and photos of the awesome gifts everyone received:

http://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/ridemonkey-secret-santa-for-2016.277651/
http://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/ridemonkey-secret-santa-2015.275104/
http://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/ridemonkey-secret-santa-2014.271057/

Requirements:

• This is open to all Monkeys in the US and Canada who have registered on RM by January 1st 2017.
  • The minimum you need to spend is US$30-35. More is fine, but that's the minimum.
  • Pairing will be totally random.
  • The person you send to will NOT be the person who sends you a gift.

How To Enter - Send an email to rmsecretsanta@gmail.com:

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THIS FORM INTO YOUR EMAIL:

Username:
Address Line 1:
Address Line 2:
Phone # (only used in case of lost packages):

Wish List:
(Please list at least 3 to 5 items, under US $30-35 dollars. Include your SIZE or other important info where required. If you don't have a wishlist that is OK but you might not get what you want from Santa)

All participants must be willing to ship to Canada or US, there has been no interest from people overseas so this is only open to Canadian and US residents this year.

Dates:

• November 28th: Enrollment closes. All emails must be sent by midnight on Nov. 28th.
  • November 30th: All entrants will receive their pairing information.
  • December 24th: All gifts must reach their recipient on or before Christmas Eve.
    • edit: I am not going to enforce this on cross-border packages (Canada<>US). I will expect that these packages will be sent in a responsible timeframe, but expedited international shipping is expensive, and things happen in customs.

Packaging Requirements:

• The packaging must be work safe. Feel free to stick another box inside with the usual RM stuff, but the outside of the box needs to be work friendly.
  • You must provide tracking numbers to me at rmsecretsanta@gmail.com!
  • The past few years haven't had a lot of interest in a packaging prize, but if we get at least 5 or 6 photos of decorated packages this year, I'll pick a winner and send a small prize!

If you do not send a gift you will be permanently banned from Ridemonkey.com

Last edited:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Looking back at Christmas past... These socks are in the regular rotation and the headphones are my daily drivers. The can Stein still makes a regular appearance too.

finally getting around to posting my haul...

put the stein to immediate use...

and those are now the coolest socks i own

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Well, I mean... we could expand it to international. Shipping is just murder, though. I just checked shipping rates from the US to Denmark and New Zealand and the smallest USPS box calculates to $35 USD for shipping.

Unless we do a gift card exchange, it seems like shipping prices everyone out of it.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Well, I mean... we could expand it to international. Shipping is just murder, though. I just checked shipping rates from the US to Denmark and New Zealand and the smallest USPS box calculates to $35 USD for shipping.

Unless we do a gift card exchange, it seems like shipping prices everyone out of it.
there's always the option of having something dropped shipped from say, CRC, but that limits options and takes some of the spirit out of it.