Quantcast

Riding '17 (Parks, DH , Enduro, Trail)

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp

Blue Mountain yesterday was awesome... spring showers on and off all day.. made everything so fast and loose. bike felt amazing! yeww
Your Blue Mountain looks better than our Blue Mountain. Ours should be named Clay Mountain, if it evens spits rain they close the place down due to it turning into a skating rink.

Opening weekend is coming up on the 19th. Wooooot. Won't be riding until the weekend after, though.

Still a 'lil snow up there.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Hit up local dirt jumps at our local state park with "old is new" frankensteined together DJ bike, coming back to me little by little...Working on DH bikes soon & hope to take kid #1 on his 1st DH trip this summer.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
this was opening weekend at blue i believe. i heard they've done a pretty good amount of work to spruce things up.
Yup it was.. I think Saturday was a washout but when we went Sunday it was tits.

We tried to do the jump trails but the lips were peanut butter.. soaked up way to much speed so we just stuck to the DH trails.
The race course was so much fun..I forgot how fun the ending is.
And my buddy just upgraded from an R9 to a '15 Operator this season.. he was ecstatic obviously which was great vibes lmao

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yup it was.. I think Saturday was a washout but when we went Sunday it was tits.

We tried to do the jump trails but the lips were peanut butter.. soaked up way to much speed so we just stuck to the DH trails.
The race course was so much fun..I forgot how fun the ending is.
And my buddy just upgraded from an R9 to a '15 Operator this season.. he was ecstatic obviously which was great vibes lmao
let me know next time you come down. i wanna try to get out there for a day or two this season (its about 90 minutes from me). second baby is due end of month, so riding time is gonna be limited this summer. can't make any promises, but it'd be fun to meet up for some laps.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Glad to see the parks opening up...Some buds and I went out to Mountain Creek last week, and one of the guys ended up breaking his hand on the second run, talk about a buzzkill for a 5 hour drive. The rest of us got a decent amount of runs in...I love that place, was looking great.

TrumbullHucker

trumbullruxer
Aug 29, 2005
shimzbury, ct
let me know next time you come down. i wanna try to get out there for a day or two this season (its about 90 minutes from me). second baby is due end of month, so riding time is gonna be limited this summer. can't make any promises, but it'd be fun to meet up for some laps.
For sure dude... I'll keep bumping this thread with park schedule

Glad to see the parks opening up...Some buds and I went out to Mountain Creek last week, and one of the guys ended up breaking his hand on the second run, talk about a buzzkill for a 5 hour drive. The rest of us got a decent amount of runs in...I love that place, was looking great.
Damn.. that sucks. Was it a bad crash or did it "look" mellow?
My buddy got a minor fracture his hip on BMW at mountain creek simply by taking a wrong line and going over the bars. Didn't look bad.. crutches for a month or two.

...This was after I helped a severely concuss rental dude who didn't know how he got to the park :fie:
he didnt strap in his fucking helmet and launched into a double... helmet came off while he was tumbling

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
May 19 Angel Fire
May 26 Sol Vista/Granby Ranch
June 1 Vail
June 9 Keystone

4 Weeks in a row of opening days! Yay!
Not sure wife and I will make it to AF opening, but I definitely want to make it down there this summer. Is Vail DH bike worthy?

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Yes and No. Kinda like the Warrior Princess (trestle), you'll def have fun on the DH bike, but you don't really need it. Plus there are other trails on the mountain that are pretty epic that a trail bike is mandatory. Like 2 Elks.

Matt Thomson's crew has been digging there. Some much needed love is occurring at Vail. :thumb:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
summer riding in AZ.
Fuck that. Just got back from last week when they were experiencing a heat wave. Mid 90s in Sedona and I just baked.

RIding to work all week here in Alaska, in shorts both ways. Temps in upper 50s/mid-60s. F-that hot nonsense.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
For sure dude... I'll keep bumping this thread with park schedule

Damn.. that sucks. Was it a bad crash or did it "look" mellow?
My buddy got a minor fracture his hip on BMW at mountain creek simply by taking a wrong line and going over the bars. Didn't look bad.. crutches for a month or two.

...This was after I helped a severely concuss rental dude who didn't know how he got to the park :fie:
he didnt strap in his fucking helmet and launched into a double... helmet came off while he was tumbling
It was complete BS, the guy who wrecked is an incredibly skilled ex bmx guy...It was just a short section of tech rock which grabbed his front wheel and put him on his face. That said he was also on a brand new bike he was psyched to finally be riding some bike park on...