Quantcast

Riding along the Presumpscot

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Some pics of the Presumpscot River trail , near Portland Maine. A real nice trail that runs from Westbrook to Portland. Nothing tough, just fast and fun. It's amazing to me, that the Westbrook section gets such little use. :confused:

Random trail shots:

Lots of small bridges here:

One drop:

One of many views of the river:

Small problem on this section from the spring flooding:

And finally, some "enhancements". :love:

:)

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Hey, I recognize some of that stuff. :) Yet at the same time it looks different. I haven't done the river trail in about 2 years. Where did you start? In the past I've gone in behind Corsetti's. Nice pics! Def looks erroded along the edge.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Rockland said:
Hey, I recognize some of that stuff. :) Yet at the same time it looks different. I haven't done the river trail in about 2 years. Where did you start? In the past I've gone in behind Corsetti's. Nice pics! Def looks erroded along the edge.
I used to start at Corsetti's, but the last time I was there, they were doing some sort of construction out back - right in the area where the trail starts. I started this ride from Hanaford's on rte. 26 in Falmouth by the turnpike exit. Did an out and back from there almost up to Corsetti's, and a loop on the other side towards Portland.

Still puzzling to me why not many people seem to use the section between 26 and 302.

mogulskr

Monkey
Aug 28, 2002
NH
berkshire_rider said:
I started this ride from Hanaford's on rte. 26 in Falmouth by the turnpike exit. Did an out and back from there almost up to Corsetti's, and a loop on the other side towards Portland.
How long was the ride? Also is there a map of the trail? Nice pics by the way, looks like a great place.