Quantcast

Riding around Ithaca, NY

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
Anyone have any suggestions for an avid cyclist and his "new to the trails" girlfriend for riding some decent, simple, flowy and fun singletrack in the area?? We are camping for a night and wanted to hit some trails as well. She doesn't mind climbing but not anything technical at the moment. Is Hammond Hill worth it?
Thanks.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Yup, Shindagin is the way to go. I don't live there anymore but hit up cycle-cny, you should be able to get someone to show you around.

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
Great feedback. Thank you guys. Will most certainly check out Shindagin. Not going until next weekend.

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
Just want to say again thanks for the feedback to get this little weekend trip going. Ended up being a great weekend in Ithaca. Camped in Robert H Treman state park which is about a mile from Ithaca brewing co. Hiked the fall trails in the park Saturday then rode Shindagin Sunday.

We parked at the top lot on Brealey Hill rd and ended up riding the Blue trail in the clockwise direction due to a last minute suggestion from a rider in the parking lot. It ended up being a great trail with a really good "root garden" towards the beginning followed by a great downhill section with a few sweet berms and some jumps. And the rest of the trail is littered with nice technical sections with the climb back up not being too bad for a newer mountain rider.

Good times. Definitely want to go back.

Attachments

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head
I live less than an hour from there and should go there more often than I do

I'm not sure how far you are from there but Keep checking the cycle-cny web site every year they have a mtb event there with a bunch of activities they run shuttles also