Quantcast

Riding Diablo and Surfing all in one Trip!!!!!

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Well the past few days I have been putting miles on the car diving up to Toms River NJ to see my wife’s familyand showing off our son to the family up there. Just over 1800 miles of diving during this trip!!!! We got up there around 3am Sunday morning and came back Wed. During this trip I finally got to ride Diablo Freeride Park!!!!! I have been without a bike the past 2 weeks due to waiting on my new frame to come in. So my bud Demo Dave let me take his Demo 8 on the trip. I met up with two fellow Monkeys up there who showed me around, Dennis (yuroshek) riding his new Glory and Neil (Don’t know his Monkey Name) riding his Foes Mono. Super nice guys!!!! I met them up there at 10:30 which means I had to leave Toms River by 8am, so I only had 4 hours of sleep after driving 12 hours from Greenville SC. We rode from around 11am to 3:30 PM. I will have to say its one of the best parks I have been to before!!!! All the runs were all fun and groomed well. I will have to say my favorite trail on the Mt was BMW. Lots of rock on that trail!!! I could see myself running that trail a lot…. Upper and Lower Deminion to Alpine were also a lot of fun too. I can see why a lot of people like those trails for the jumps and wall rides. All the other trails were just as fun as well. Some of the bigger drops were fun to hit glad I had someone to show them to me first. I think we got in about 12+ plus runs in during the time we were there. It was enough to make me happy on 4 hours of sleep!!!! I wish we had some pics to show you but I had too much fun running the Mt. to stop and take pics. I will have to say if you have not been there before you should try to go there as soon as you can.

Once again thanks to Dennis and Neil for showing me around and Dave for letting me beat up his bike!!!!! Just kidding, its fine.....

To top off the Trip I got to spend some time in the water with my Brother-In-Law who is an Ex Pro Surfer and rip up some Waves next to the Peer at Toms River beach. The water was a little cold but was well worth getting in to hit the 5ft swells coming in that the storm off shore was creating.

Fun Times!!!!!!!!