Quantcast

Riding with a new crew tomorrow...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Going out with a new bunch of guys tomorrow. I hate the feeling before, its like a blind date. It seems that I always end up with guys who crush me like an empty beer can or who cant keep their feet on the pedals, no happy medium. My skill level is just there...happy medium. Its like waiting on a blind date...could go great, could be otherwise...

May bring beer...for before, during and after. Perhaps a .22 pistol too.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
I ride alone. Or with my wife. Otherwise, I end up with douchebags who can't keep their feet on the pedals, or who should be trying out for the tour de france

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I ride alone. Or with my wife. Otherwise, I end up with douchebags who can't keep their feet on the pedals, or who should be trying out for the tour de france

My theory is that you won't improve or learn as much if you don't ride with more experienced riders. And you will never meet me and have known the awesomeness of riding with me. I like to ride with new folks. I like to learn about others riding experiences and their bikes. I will always be slow. I came to terms with that 20 years ago. I also cannot stand flat pedals in the woods. It is fun to ride fast. Ride your ride and have fun on your terms. Maybe one of those douchebags will see the fun you're having and join you in it. Could happen....

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Epic-osity. A couple of the guys are way younger then me, so I may need to do some wisdom imparting along the way...just to slow them down a bit.

Checking out Scotts Bluff and Pioneer trail today.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
All was good...one kid was way fast and rides that area weekly, I chased him, the other two were slower, so we had a good balance...no one died, no one got eaten and no one got divorced (yet) over the ride...

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
My theory is that you won't improve or learn as much if you don't ride with more experienced riders. And you will never meet me and have known the awesomeness of riding with me. I like to ride with new folks. I like to learn about others riding experiences and their bikes. I will always be slow. I came to terms with that 20 years ago. I also cannot stand flat pedals in the woods. It is fun to ride fast. Ride your ride and have fun on your terms. Maybe one of those douchebags will see the fun you're having and join you in it. Could happen....
"douchebags who can't keep their feet on the pedals" = Most of the guys in the SE Michigan area who should stay on the road.
"guys who should be trying out for the tour de france" = Most of the guys in SE Michigan who are fast as fuck but can't figure out how to cross the one tree root they encounter on a ride.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Epic trail...too short if anything. Took Upper Pioneer to Scotts Flat...all epic descent, all twisty and fun. Best part was seeing an epic group of grommets with their equally epic parents out there...totally shredding. Expensive but epic locally made brownies at the epic Harmony Ridge Market (Epic local convenience store...).

I had ridden this area before, but started higher up on the epic highway and rode to Lower Pioneer then on to Miners and finished on the epic outskirts of Nevada City. Was going to go back next weekend, but i hear there is epic snow in the mountains. May get one more epic ski day in before I hang them up...

Epic. Brah....

Last edited: