Quantcast

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Stone 16th Anniversary IPA. It's pretty good. It's clearly super aggressively dry hopped, so if you're not into the very intense piney kind of thing, avoid. Some of that might be the lemon verbena coming through too, though I don't really know what the fvck that tastes like. Almost didn't get it because I tend not to think their regular IPAs are all that special but Stone's about the only good beer at the joint that's open this late, and I figured I'd give it a go. Glad I did. Probably don't want a ton of them, but worth a try.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Waldhaus Radler after caning the bike home from the shop in almost record time (traffic lights and slow cars held me up, I was looking good for 2-3 mins quicker if that hadn't happened).

Perfect time for a good genuine German Radler.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Graduation party stock:

Harpoon UFO
Long Trail Belgian White
Sam Adams Imperial Stout
Paulaner Hefeweizen
Genesee 10 Horse Ale - cheap and surprisingly not bad!

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Firestone Wookey Jack.

Oh.
My.
God.

This **** is GOOD. I do have a spot for both black IPAs and Ryes so combining the two is bound to be a win.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just got in from my first ride, in what feels like a month...

...So what better way to celebrate than cracking open the last beer in my fridge. An ice cold PBR.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
I just recently discovered the Manhattan and enjoyed them immensely. So decided to try a dry vermouth variety just to see the difference. :dead:
Lulz. Yeah that sounds gross.

I have a Firestone Parabola that's calling my name. It's not in the fridge yet, but tempted to put in in for a few hours from now...

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
I just recently discovered the Manhattan and enjoyed them immensely. So decided to try a dry vermouth variety just to see the difference. :dead:
That has been my drink for over 20 years. Dry vermouth has no place in a manhattan.

3 shots Bulleit Rye
1 shot good sweet vermouth*
Single drop angostura bitters
Stirred not shaken

*I've been wanting to play with the vermouth more but supply is limited here. Martini and Rossi is good enough if your selection is limited.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
So so bad, initial taste is almost acceptable but my Gawd the aftertaste is horrible-

Having a Tooheys Extra Dry as a chaser as you can't throw a beer out, no matter how bad.