Quantcast

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Harpoon 100 Barrel Series 'Directors Cut'
Hybrid of IPA and Stout.
Awesome but wicked limited availability.
I'll have to keep an eye out for that. Green Flash does some really neat hybrid things as well that I've been really impressed with.

Sure, most of those hybrids (especially as less talented brewers start doing them if they get trendy) are probably going to be mediocre, but when they hit, they seem to hit homeruns.

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
It's Sunday evening, just shut up the shop after an outstanding weekends trade at the bike shop.
There was 1litre of my homebrew IIPA left in the keg at the back of the shop so I thought I'd better finish it off.
IIPA
7.5%
Dry hopped to hell! 7.5g per litre Zyphos and 5gper litre Citra.
Centenial and Cascade for bittering.
Tastes amazing! :D

Next up on my tap is a rather more sane Ordinary English bitter 3.9% Hopped with Goldings, fuggles and a small amount of northern brewer. Coming into Autumn here so I'd decided on a softer mellow room temp beer.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Espresso Oak Yeti. Tasty.

Also, on that Stone from the other night- I loved the first 1/3 of it. It got to be a bit much after that.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
A new IPA from a local brewery: Capital Mutiny IPA. Picked it up to see how it was since the brewery is going in a new direction, and proceeded to drink half of it before remembering that I've never had it before and wanted to see how it was.

I guess that was my answer, a drinkable but utterly forgettable IPA?

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Spent last week in Newport, OR. Here are the highlights of Rogue and a trip to Cascade in Portland:

Rogue Morimoto Imperial Pilsner: Yep, still a great beer.
Rogue Big Ass Barrel Blackberry: Barrel aged ale brewed with blackberries. It has just a hint of blackberry taste that is not overpowering. Barrel aging it provided a smooth finish. This was one of the best beers of the week.
Rogue Class of '88 Barleywine: 3 breweries are participating in a "original" style barleywine brew as outlined by Frank Eckhardt. North Coast and Deschutes are also brewing their own versions. Rogue's version is simple but very tasty.
Rogue Charlie 1981: Strong golden ale that clocks in at about 75-80 IBU's and at about 9.5%. This was another in the best beer of the week category.
Cascade Vlad the Imp Aler: Yeah. Awesome.
Cascade Plum "Rye" (2010): Amazing. Basically a sour that has the character of an IPA.
Cascade Bourbonic Plague: Wow. Just wow.
Cascade Manhattan NW: Crazy good.

There were others that were good, but those were the highlights.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Currently nothing, but if all goes well this evening I'll be done in SC and can go home tomorrow. Should that be the case, I'll be partying like it's 1999 tonight.

Beef Supreme

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2010
Hiding from the stupid
Spent last week in Newport, OR. Here are the highlights of Rogue and a trip to Cascade in Portland:

Rogue Morimoto Imperial Pilsner: Yep, still a great beer.
Rogue Big Ass Barrel Blackberry: Barrel aged ale brewed with blackberries. It has just a hint of blackberry taste that is not overpowering. Barrel aging it provided a smooth finish. This was one of the best beers of the week.
Rogue Class of '88 Barleywine: 3 breweries are participating in a "original" style barleywine brew as outlined by Frank Eckhardt. North Coast and Deschutes are also brewing their own versions. Rogue's version is simple but very tasty.
Rogue Charlie 1981: Strong golden ale that clocks in at about 75-80 IBU's and at about 9.5%. This was another in the best beer of the week category.
Cascade Vlad the Imp Aler: Yeah. Awesome.
Cascade Plum "Rye" (2010): Amazing. Basically a sour that has the character of an IPA.
Cascade Bourbonic Plague: Wow. Just wow.
Cascade Manhattan NW: Crazy good.

There were others that were good, but those were the highlights.
Freaking love the bourbonic. I like Cascade in general but that one is great.

Last edited:

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Last night I went to the launch of "Death from above"
The brewers a mates of mine, they do some really nice stuff, last nights launch was a pale ale infused with lemongrass, chilli, lime and Mangos to make a south east asian flavoured beer in honnor or the Apocalypse now film.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Dude. Be careful of that stuff. :cheers:
Local grocery store had it on sale for $11 the other week. I stocked the hell up.

Currently drinking a Lagunitas Imperial Mild ale. It's... interesting. Definitely the most mild 10% beer I've ever had. Not sure if that's a good thing.