Quantcast

Rims - carbon and metal

fwp

Monkey
Jun 5, 2013
Ibis 741's with cushcore rear. Cushcore negates alot of the weight savings but between the rim protection burp protection and the upgrade to the ride quality, it was a no brainer. I could probably have a lighter aluminum wheel without the cushcore, but I like the protection and any 35mm alu rim is gonna weigh a ton more. Bikepark I swap the rear to a dt 570 just in case

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
Is this in regards to the SC Reserve warranty? That policy is not 24hrs once it arrives anywhere - you actually don't ship the wheel at all. The warranty states they'll have a new wheel coming to you thin 24 hours of their receipt of the warranty form and pics (assuming they are going to warranty it). I am not standing up for SC or crabon wheels in general, I just hate seeing bad information on the web.
I wasn't referring specifically to the SC Reserve warranty because I'm not super familiar, was more referring to some other carbon wheel warranties I've come across that ask that you basically "exchange" the wheel for a new one. The SC warranty is nuts...and I've heard from some folks around here that it's basically a no-questions-asked arrangement. I don't understand how you could justify spending the money on a non-SC carbon wheel given that policy.