Quantcast

Rims choice..........

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
the 823 everybody know the failure at the spoke thread the same for the 729 eyelets craks, so?????????
Are you a traveler from another dimension? I landed short on a 4m drop from mine and the only thing happened was a small ding (823). They are the most durable rims you can have.

project_d

Chimp
Dec 15, 2009
SoCal
I've never used Spanked. I rode Ringles for years and got tired of how soft they were. Tried Mavic and never looked back. The above comments are true; 823s are some of the most (if not THE most) durable rim out there!

Wa-Aw

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Philippines
I don't understand the rave over Mavics. The 729's are soft and dent quite easily. I'm on my 3rd one and it's cracked already with mutual experiences among friends. 823's are probably quite good but expensive. MTX's are very cheap, strong and do the job just fine. I've had good experience with syncros as well but they aren't as cheap as MTX's.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I don't understand the rave over Mavics. The 729's are soft and dent quite easily. I'm on my 3rd one and it's cracked already with mutual experiences among friends. 823's are probably quite good but expensive. MTX's are very cheap, strong and do the job just fine. I've had good experience with syncros as well but they aren't as cheap as MTX's.
729s dent easily but they are damn near impossible to crank and their softness makes you flat less. They are durable, the dents are just a cosmetic feature.

Also yes 823s are expensive but they are way way way more durable than the MTX which aren't really durable and if you don't dent the mtx and you do the 729 your riding must have changed. Not to mention isn't the mtx39 stupid heavy?