Quantcast

Ringwood, NJ what a great day!!

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
A friend and i decided to head out to Ringwood State Park (NJ) to get a little riding in. ^0 degree temps made it a great day for riding!!! . I haven't been there in quite a while and after I started riding I remeber why. The first 45 minutes is spent climbing steep , super rocky switchbacks, not only is it really tough to start a ride like this, but once you Dab... its very hard to get going again... yes there was some walking involved. Once we got to the top we got on the race course which is fast, rocky and both at some times. but it was a lot easier to maintain momentum and get going. We rode for a good 3 hrs, and I was glad to have my full squishy cause i was feeling mighty beat up from all the rocks. Highlights of the day were: still feeling strong when we got back to the car ( it is early in the season and i didnt die on the ride) and running into/riding with 3 very attractive female riders. They finished the ride with us and then told us about a great Local pub to eat at.. and then even joined us for a bit.. A very nice day indeed!!

OOO and I used my new video camera so here is some unedited footage:

Last edited:

Riding

Monkey
Dec 19, 2006
Millis, MA
Looks like a fun trail.

I'd be waaaay to nervous riding with all that gun fire. They sounded pretty close. I was kayaking a couple weeks ago and heard gunfire approx that loud, and I think they actually shot near us a couple times(heard branches over my head getting hit). We came around a bend on the river and saw an illegal target range, they were either hiding or gone.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
Hey I live 5 minutes from there. That gun fire is from a shooting range and the sound bounces off all of the trees on the mountain it is wild. Ringwood is super tough. I train on the race course there all of the time. It is hard. Did you ride the 7 bridges trail at all? I am an expert at getting over that high log in the second video.

Last edited:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Hey I live 5 minutes from there. That gun fire is from a shooting range and the sound bounces off all of the trees on the mountain it is wild. Ringwood is super tough. I train on the race course there all of the time. It is hard. Did you ride the 7 bridges trail at all? I am an expert at getting over that high log in the second video.
we hit a lot but I havent been there in a while previously and got a little lost.. we rode for a good 3 hrs in there and i do remember being on some of the bridges trail. the first 30 minutes of climbing was the worst of it though.. once you got stopped it was no easy to get going again with all those rocks... My body is still aching!!

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
Especially if you start from lot c and take the trail towards shepards lake. The rocks make it impossible to go over 10 mph. Its redonkulous. Have you ever been to skyline trails. Those are much flowier for some reason.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Especially if you start from lot c and take the trail towards shepards lake. The rocks make it impossible to go over 10 mph. Its redonkulous. Have you ever been to skyline trails. Those are much flowier for some reason.
Thats the way I went... from parking lot C then headed up and over to the fireroad onto the race course for a bit