Quantcast

RIP Hef

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I wonder what's going to happen to the mansion. Everyone want to pool our money together and buy it? Ridemonkey mansion/ grotto time share in Beverly Hills? That would be one hell of a Monkeyfest venue
:cool::monkeydance:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I wonder what's going to happen to the mansion. Everyone want to pool our money together and buy it? Ridemonkey mansion/ grotto time share in Beverly Hills? That would be one hell of a Monkeyfest venue
He sold it years ago to the neighboring land owner (heir to the Hostess fortune) with the condition that he got to stay and live there for the rest of his life. The neighbor just wanted to add to his land.

I wonder what condition the deck is in? Or the pergola??

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
He even managed to kick it on a hump day. Personal feelings aside he did have a huge impact on society like Aventurous said. Definitely an interesting story.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
I remember reading a while ago somewhere that it had already been sold and he had an arrangement to live there until he died.

Edit: Found it. The neighbor bought it and plans to join the properties.

http://www.businessinsider.com/playboy-mansion-new-owner-hugh-hefner-death-2017-9

Double edit: damn, sniped

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Whatever his faults, no one can deny the impact he had on society.
:stupid:
Right, wrong, or indifferent, I'm of two minds. While I certainly don't condone exploitation of anyone, I think there is an argument to be made that the pre-Playboy puritanical heritage of this country was at least as bad for women, if not worse. It's progress, however slow, that we're in a place to even discuss whether or not Playboy changed attitudes.

Big Lebowski, so obviously NSFW
"he treats objects, like women, man."

:stupid:
Right, wrong, or indifferent, I'm of two minds. While I certainly don't condone exploitation of anyone, I think there is an argument to be made that the pre-Playboy puritanical heritage of this country was at least as bad for women, if not worse. It's progress, however slow, that we're in a place to even discuss whether or not Playboy changed attitudes.

Big Lebowski, so obviously NSFW
"he treats objects, like women, man."
We're certainly warped by our Puritan heritage...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
As (almost...) always, 'squeeb makes a good point. He empowered many women who took what they could from him and went on to bigger and better things. However, the false image of the lifestyle and the objectification of women folk did not really help the cause of equality. He also seemed to have a nasty habit of alienating those who crossed him or did not follow his wishes, leaving them high and dry.

His estate will certainly be interesting to settle.

Anyone else have a Playmate from their town or school? I had one, and a couple girls who showed up in college pictorials...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
As (almost...) always, 'squeeb makes a good point. He empowered many women who took what they could from him and went on to bigger and better things. However, the false image of the lifestyle and the objectification of women folk did not really help the cause of equality. He also seemed to have a nasty habit of alienating those who crossed him or did not follow his wishes, leaving them high and dry.
So was he good or bad? There is no middle in the modern digital world.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I never did understand the bathrobe and pajamas schtick...seems kind of "One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest." And the Captains hat...wtf? Is that supposed to impress the chicks?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
If one were ever to question the influence of Mr Hefner. People follow medical advice for their children by someone with no other experience in that she was in his magazine.