Quantcast

RIP Nelson Mandella

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Greatest politician since Gandhi.
RIP peace, the planet was a better place because of you.

Saddly I doubt he will get that peace if his family continue as per last time they thought he was a gonner. :disgust1:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
First words out of Right Wing idiot I work with this morning- "He was a terrorist..." Me "Sure was...along the lines of Washington, Madison and Jefferson..."

"For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."

RIP Sir...this world is a better place because of your actions.

Chimp
Mar 22, 2011
First words out of Right Wing idiot I work with this morning- "He was a terrorist..." Me "Sure was...along the lines of Washington, Madison and Jefferson..."

"For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others."

RIP Sir...this world is a better place because of your actions.
A FB acquaintance mode a similar post last evening. She's one to cast veiled aspersions on the non-white community and weakly cloak it in an attempt to sound bright. In other words, she's a f*kking idiot.

Sure, Mandela ran the ANC and they bombed gov't targets in his younger days. Winnie was more brutal in her control of the ANC. I'm sure if some group took over my town or state, and brutally suppressed my family and friends, I'd be more than happy to take up arms against them.

He turned around and made significant strides later on in a nonviolent manner.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
then there's the nasty rumor that it was kennedy's CIA that helped jail mandela...

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
then there's the nasty rumor that it was kennedy's CIA that helped jail mandela...
Reagan and Cheney are officially on record, they voted to support the oppressors. They didn't support equality and freedom for all and were the actual terrorists.

And then there's this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_Rights_Address

Even Ted Cruz supports Mandela (but not many of his racist ignorant followers on facebook):

Ted Cruz said:
Nelson Mandela will live in history as an inspiration for defenders of liberty around the globe. He stood firm for decades on the principle that until all South Africans enjoyed equal liberties he would not leave prison himself, declaring in his autobiography, 'Freedom is indivisible; the chains on any one of my people were the chains on all of them, the chains on all of my people were the chains on me.' Because of his epic fight against injustice, an entire nation is now free.

We mourn his loss and offer our condolences to his family and the people of South Africa.

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
:rofl: Wow, just wow.

http://news.yahoo.com/outrage-over-sign-language-interpreter-madiba-memorial-082056835.html

According to a report on Australian site, SBS News, deaf South African and board member of the World Federation of the Deaf Youth Section Braam Jordaan said the interpreter was simply making up his own signs.

“The structure of his hand, facial expressions and the body movements did not follow what the speaker was saying,” Jordaan was quoted as saying. “What happened at the memorial service is truly disgraceful thing to see – it should not happen at all.”

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
I'm fascinated by this story. That's some serious chutzpah to get up there in front of all those people, at that event, knowing you know, not a goddamn thing.
I was reading yesterday that he was claiming to have had some sort of psychological "episode".... Some of the youtube videos of this are hilarious. Where they have a translator for the translator. A serious voice with a british accent...."I came in..... like.....a wrecking ball"

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
obama speaking english.....translator speaking jive.

Last edited: