Quantcast

RM jerseys...

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
Are there any sort of Ridemonkey bike jerseys available? I know you guys were wanting to make tshirts, but a jersey would be pretty cool. I know there are some companies in canada that do them cheap...but, yea, if you have em, i'd buy one.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
I think a jersey would be awesome cuz then you could be sporting it on the slopes or anywhere else and everybody would know that you're from The:monkey: . Maybe we could even get them personalized with our handles. :p

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
yeah, but no sissy licra, DH jerseys please. And no CRAZY ASS SIZES. S M and L would do just fine.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
mack said:
yeah, but no sissy licra, DH jerseys please. And no CRAZY ASS SIZES. S M and L would do just fine.
If we have a design, it's easy to do a run of DH jerseys, XC jerseys, sleeveless, etc. Why don't some of you geniuses do some research, as in visit some websites of companies that make custom jerseys (hincapie, voler, verge, etc), look at their templates, and come up with some designs. I'll start talking to the powers around here about getting it done. We could maybe work something like the person who creates the winning design gets a free jersey or something like that.

One thing you can count on is, we would have to put down a pretty good deposit, and we would have to know way in advance how many jerseys we were ordering. You would have to be willing to pay for a good part of your jersey in advance.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Well, i think that Green and Gray or white should be the colors. DO we still have those stickers? that enblem should be on both of the sleeves, with somthing different on the front and back... People can stich their handle on the color if they want...just my .02

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
well, ok, just dont order like 200 x larges then when i place my order ur all out of mediums!!! cant tell u how many times thats happenend... i need a new jersey any who. I think long sleeve is the best.

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
Echo said:
We could maybe work something like the person who creates the winning design gets a free jersey or something like that.
how about the person that thinks of the idea? anyways, if i get a template, i'm sure i can draw something up in photoshop/illustrator. let me know.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
Whatever happened to "make a RM banner thread"? We could bring that to the top and put a cool looking RM banner on the sleeve or something. i think that would be a start.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
mack said:
I agree with jerseys...but xl would be a min, with armour I would never come close to fitting a L....not even an XL fits usually. Sorry for being an ex-football player..sheesh, freaking small people. ;)

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
ok, so, it's obvious you guys want jerseys. but what kind of design would you want? I was thinking like "Ridemonkey" on the back of the collar, with that green logo on the sleeves. I don't know much else to put on it, i'm not really big into this forum thing. Maybe "respect" down the side? haha. what else do you guys want? they're your jerseys, help me design them.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
manziman said:
ok, so, it's obvious you guys want jerseys. but what kind of design would you want? I was thinking like "Ridemonkey" on the back of the collar, with that green logo on the sleeves. I don't know much else to put on it, i'm not really big into this forum thing. Maybe "respect" down the side? haha. what else do you guys want? they're your jerseys, help me design them.
I'm thinking have the logo/name written the way it is on the top of the forum right across the chest or something?

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
mtnbkr4235 said:
I'm thinking have the logo/name written the way it is on the top of the forum right across the chest or something?
ok, so, pretty basic? with pretty much the RM banner on the chest and back, the Logo on the sleeves and "Ridemonkey" on the collar? help me out here people...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
If I remember correctly, gogliaparatus designed some pretty DOPEass RM jerseys just about a year ago. I searched but I can't find the thread. Anyways, it seems lots of people were interested, and lots of people "did the research" to find out what company would be best to order them from, and lots of people were interested. It seemed that no one had the beans to foot the intitial bill for jerseys... basically ballpark figures to get nice custom jerseys made is a minimum order of (usually) 2 dozen or so, and the price per piece comes in around $55-$65 each. Do the math, and then let me know if anyone has the scratch to front for that.

Of course, if 25 people can PayPal me $75 (to cover shipping and PayPal fees) then I'd be more than happy to design some pimp stuff, and get it produced, and ship it out everybody that "pre-ordered". I've designed jerseys for my team, Yeti/RPM, Factory Yeti, Big Crank Racing, and the Mountain States Cup - so I come with credentials. I usually work with Hot Shoppe but I could look up other companies if no one approves of these guys. They're great to work with, and the end product is NIIIIIICCEEEE... plus they can do the name across the back action for a few extra dollars if that's what the peeps be wantin'.

If anyone is serious about this and wants to get it going, the only way I can do it is if enough people pre-order. PM me if you're willing to put some $$$ where your typin' fingers are. And if people want to see my work, I can post pics of the stuff I've designed. Actually, I'll dig up the whatnot and post it right now.

Word.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
So there it is, bona fide an' sh!t. I'll do it, but it has to be paid for before I do it. So here's what I propose: everyone that's interested needs to send me a PM and let me know how many they'd be good for. IF that count reaches 25 jerseys, I'll send everyone that's in a PM with the the PayPal info. You see, I use no car and I use no credit card, so I am not going to front the $$$ for this, and I doubt Ridemonkey wants to futz with it either. IF we get a good count and the money and all of that, I'll post my designs for people to vote on, etc. I will PM golgi and ask him to re-submit his designs from a year ago and post those as well... I did a search but couldn't find them. Anyone else that has the time to work something up can PM me their designs and I'll post 'em if I think they're good. If not, too bad. Basically if I am going to deal with getting these produced, it means that I will be setting up the final art files that will go to Hot Shoppes or wherever, which means that if someone elses design is to be used, I'll be the guy converting it to the necessary format that Hot Shoppe will need. So it better be good, dig, since I'm "art directing" this joint and I fancy myself pretty OK at doing what I do. Does this all sound kind of nazi-like and stuff? It should, because everyone wants jerseys but no one has ever stepped up with a solid plan for getting them done. If the masses want to play along with my plan, we'll get jerseys and everyones STOKED. If my ramblings light a fire under someone ELSE'S arse to make this happen, even BETTER! If the design is cool, and it's a DH jersey, I'll certainly buy one (by check or money order or PayPal, mind you...;)) and everyone's still stoked.

There it is, for good or bad. Any questions? Feel free to PM and I'll try to respond.

One last note... I'm not going to start designing anything unless we get enough people interested and that actually throw in money. Then, the voting on which design is the best can start, so people can still be ordering after the designs have been posted. BUT! We will need enough people to trust me that we can all come up with something kick@ss for jersey that they will throw down $$ blind-style.

Word up.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
One more, for posterity. Big Crank Racing. The flames and racing stripes were left over from the years prior, but I did the new logo that is emblazoned on the chest.

And the actual logo, from the website and stuff, that I did. Note: it's not the sponsor logos to the right, but the Big Crank logo on the left. Jeesh, some people's kids...

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Nice work FT. I have no doubt that you could come up with a kickass design, however I think it would be cool to have the RM community vote. It's important that everyone understand that the jerseys will have to be paid for way in advance. Also, I suggest doing XC and DH jerseys. You can use pretty much the same design for both with a few tweeks, and it would probably double the size of the order and therefore possible get us a slightly better price.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Echo said:
Nice work FT. I have no doubt that you could come up with a kickass design, however I think it would be cool to have the RM community vote. It's important that everyone understand that the jerseys will have to be paid for way in advance. Also, I suggest doing XC and DH jerseys. You can use pretty much the same design for both with a few tweeks, and it would probably double the size of the order and therefore possible get us a slightly better price.
I think the community should vote as well, that's really important. I think we'll be able to do a split XC/DH order with Hot Shoppe, as long as we meet the 25 minimum to keep the cost down on these. Hot Shoppe likes you to have at least 6 of each style when splitting styles, but that shoudn't be a problem.

I also have my first interested party! Count us down for 1 jersey, 24 to go! Oh yeah, I'm in on this as well, so make that 2 jerseys, 23 to go! When you PM me that you're down for the jersey, make the subject say

RM Jersey - #

Where the # sign is the number you'll definitely go for, that way it'll make it a little easier for me to keep track of how many people we have, and how many are left to go. PLEASE do not reply here and expect to be counted, take the 30 seconds and send me a PM so I can keep track. Everyone has to understand, as Echo said, that these HAVE to be paid for before we start the ball rolling, there is really no other way cuz I can't front this money. I wish I could, because then I could profit from it (MUUUAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA :devil: ) but I can't so there ya go.

I am VERY excited to see this happen! I hope we can get it together enough to make it work!

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
dude, those look awesome! i was just going to do simple, maybe with some sort of tire logo, but rock on! i gotta have one, pending I have moola. but, yea, let's get this going!!!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Alright! The scoop so far is this:

Just to make sure this is all copacetic and stuff, I PM'ed Ridemonkey and told him the plan, as well as asked permission to make this happen. I don't see why it wouldn't, but I thought it best to go straight to the source to make sure. Here's what I proposed as far as the actual DESIGN of this thing goes:

Once we have enough people interested, signed up and paid, I'll throw down 1-2 designs for the mix. Hopefully, golgiaparatus will be cool to submit the killer designs he did a while back as well. AND! Anyone that thinks they can come up with something cool and appropriate will be encourage to submit a design as well. I proposed that Ridemonkey and the mods and myself go through the submissions and narrow it down to the half-dozen best, and then put them up in a poll to be voted on. Design that gets the most votes wins, simple right? Right!

So as of now, I have 6 confirmed Jersey orders - 5 DH style and 1 XC style. Sizes can be ranged from S to XL at no additional cost, jerseys will be produced by Hot Shoppe and will most likely be 3 or 4 color jerseys on microweavebreathablegoodness fabric. This will put cost in the neighborhood of $75 shipped in the lower 48 (continental US). Canadia, Oz, and Euro will be more on the shipping I'm sure. I'll be responsible for collecting money, and the only way I know how to do that is to use PayPal, which charges a little fee for the service, but the approximate cost of $75 or so should cover that as well. However, I also believe I can set up my PayPal thing to allow the user to put in style, size, shipping address, and even calculate shipping PRICE on the fly, so I think we'll be all set once we have enough suckers... I mean, fellow RM enthusiasts that want to sport a jersey. :sneaky:

Of course, this price is basesd on a minimum order of 25 jerseys. Price break occurs at 50, so if that many people are willing to advance pay, they'll be a little less expensive.

Again, I can't stress enough that we'll all have to PREPAY, and that includes myself. I just simply cannot front the cashola to make it happen, or I would. Please, send me a PM with the title of "RM Jersey -#" where the # is the number you're willing to pre-pay for. And please please PLEASE only PM me if you are absolutely SURE that you can do this... I'd hate to have 25 people say they're in, and then only have 20 people pitch in.

Thanks and I'll keep everyone posted!

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
zedro said:
maybe you could get the price down by whoring us out to random sponsors...:evil:

i think you need a solid design down to get the kids onboard
Kids...pushaw...I would do it in a heartbeat if it looked good. I am picky about the jersey I wear :)...(I hate tonnes of colour)...I would promise 100cdn (whatever the number) if I knew it would look as cool as the yeti jersey...wow!

Mustang85

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
Encinitas, its near San Diego
Ride Monkey jerseys? I love the idea.

It should for sure a some great RM sayings...Own3d...curb dropping...R3SP3CT...what fork should i buy if i ride a bike?...ect

i might just have to get 2 depending on how cool they are, one for when i ride with armour and one for when i ride without.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
zedro said:
maybe you could get the price down by whoring us out to random sponsors...:evil:

i think you need a solid design down to get the kids onboard
I thought about whoring out to sponsors, but that would involve even MORE work than I am already expecting to do. And I'm friggin' BUSY, man! :D

And as for the design stuff... I ain't gonna even THINK about firing up Adobe Illustrator until I have enough people interested. My time is money, and design is what I do for a living. That's why I posted a "portfolio" of my work so the kids know I'm no joke. Also, I really feel that we should open it up to other RM members, and have a poll to decide. It'll be more like community then. Once we have enough people interested and paid, submissions can begin, and me and the mods (hopefully, I haven't heard back from RM) will narrow the field and throw out anything that doesn't make RM look good, and then post a poll. Then final art, then off to Hot Shoppe for production.

Yeehaw!