Quantcast

RM jerseys...

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
PM going out after this post. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but without the good ole Stosh one-star logo somewhere on the jersey (the back of the collar works) it just wouldn't be official RM material you know what I mean? :stosh:

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
cliffster5 said:
PM going out after this post. I don't know, maybe it's just me, but without the good ole Stosh one-star logo somewhere on the jersey (the back of the collar works) it just wouldn't be official RM material you know what I mean? :stosh:

I agree. That would be cool.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
jacksonpt said:
problem with that is that the yellow star introduces an additional color to the design, which increases costs.
Does the same thing apply to shades of the same color? For example, the fading logo on the back of yours.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think so. I believe that changing the intensity of a color (lightening it or darkening it) doesn't add to the number of colors. It's been a long time since I've thought about printing up shirts and such, but I think you can fade colors without adding to the cost.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
you could put the stosh star on the back of the collar. maybe black outlines of the star, then one star the same color as the monkey.

personally, i'd:

1) leave out the "ridemonkey" part on the back, and just have the fading monkeys go down the spine.
2) take out "ridemonkey.com" on the front
3) put "www.ridemonkey.com" in the RM font down the side panels in white (if you're not gonna use the side panels, don't spend the extra $$).
4) leave out the "ridemonkey" on the sleeves and just throw in a design, with some text written along the hem of the sleeve.

or, instead of 1) and 4), take out the little monkeys on the back, and have a super huge one (faded) between the blue-greyish outlines (cropped by the outlines, if you will, and off axis), then put little monkeys on the sleeves.

should be asked what those who are getting them want...cartoonish, simple and smooth, extravagent, subdued...i'll throw some up tonight.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
the Inbred said:
1) leave out the "ridemonkey" part on the back, and just have the fading monkeys go down the spine.
Good idea - that's what I initially wanted to do, but I'm not good enough with photoshop to pull out the monkey logo alone.
the Inbred said:
3) put "www.ridemonkey.com" in the RM font down the side panels in white (if you're not gonna use the side panels, don't spend the extra $$).
some places charge more to put a graphic there - that's the only reason I didn't. Otherwise, I agree.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
anyone know what font ridemonkey uses (in bikegeeks ridemonke.com on the front)? it's ****ing storming here, and i don't think i'm gonna walk to class.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Hey kids! The count is definitely over 25, although I don't have time to do an exact OFFICIAL count right now! I have 23 PM's sitting in my inbox, and at least 4 of those are for multiple jerseys, so we're rockin'!

Also, everyone's designs are looking SWEEEEEEEET!! This is just gonna make it better, you know? That people are getting into it! I am slammed busy the next couple of days with actual work, but I will try to post a couple of designs by the end of Thanksgiving weekend, and everyone else that's out there designing, keep it up!

Also, this will allow more and more people to send me a PM, and hopefully we can hit that 50 mark before I set up the PayPal action, so we KNOW we're on the hot tip of the price break!

That's all for now, I gotta git to WORK... I have 14 minutes to make my 40 minute bike commute... D'OH!

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Bump!

Just want to make sure that everyone has a chance to get in on some jersey action... and I ain't talkin' 'bout Hoboken!

Batman

Monkey
May 20, 2002
Mississauga
I was going to PM you and ask but I figure some other people may want to know the answer to this aswell. For the DH jersey's, should we buy a jersey one size bigger to compensate for armour, or do they do that when making the jersey? So say I would normally wear size large clothing, would I be best to buy an XL to wear over-top armour?

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
Batman said:
I was going to PM you and ask but I figure some other people may want to know the answer to this aswell. For the DH jersey's, should we buy a jersey one size bigger to compensate for armour, or do they do that when making the jersey? So say I would normally wear size large clothing, would I be best to buy an XL to wear over-top armour?
Yes please ... help on sizing. I'm all ready to jump in, think its a great idea - but the shop you linked to didn't have sizes. I'm a fan of riding in thriftstore t-shirts and haven't a clue of how jerseys are sized. An XL t-shirt translates to ????? size jersey? Sized for pads or no pads?
Props to the trucker for stepping up on this one, cool idea.

Thanks

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
On the sizing, I would probably go a size larger to fit over armour, for sure. I'm a pretty big guy (6'2" 200lbs) and I wear the XL from Hot Shoppes... fits pretty well over my Dainese, but it is a little tight in the arms. If you wear armoe that isn't as low-profile as Dainese (like a moto roost guard) then you'll definitely want to size up.

I'll be working on some designs over this weekend, I'll post what I have in a day or two! BIG PROPS to everyone stepping up to make this happen, I think we're in the neighborhood of 30 confirmed, and I think once final designs get posted that number will jump even higher!

Excellent!

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Full Trucker said:
On the sizing, I would probably go a size larger to fit over armour, for sure. I'm a pretty big guy (6'2" 200lbs) and I wear the XL from Hot Shoppes... fits pretty well over my Dainese, but it is a little tight in the arms. If you wear armoe that isn't as low-profile as Dainese (like a moto roost guard) then you'll definitely want to size up.

I'll be working on some designs over this weekend, I'll post what I have in a day or two! BIG PROPS to everyone stepping up to make this happen, I think we're in the neighborhood of 30 confirmed, and I think once final designs get posted that number will jump even higher!

Excellent!
I'm also a big guy (6'1" 200#) and wear a XL jersey from most places over my Pressure Suit. So, just giving anothe example in where it would work....

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
i say medium and large damit...

what about a pair of ridemonkey Enblems, u know the kinds your mom can iron onto your DH pants! yeah, thatd bee cool.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
freeriding101 said:
how bout a few xl talls, for us that r 6 and a half feet tall, id get one of those
According to the price sheet over at Hot Shoppe, there aren't any "tall" sizes available. The XL that I have is pretty long though, and a friend of mine here in CO is 6'8" and thin as a rail, and I believe he just rocks the XL and is good to go.

Designs coming soon from me, guys! Sorry it's taking a bit longer than expected... holidays had me busy with an unexpected wedding invitation. Had to fill as psuedo-date in for a good friend at her brother's hitchin' ceremony... yeah, it was horrible. A weekend in the mountains relaxing, drinking, and eating good food on someone elses ticket... HORRIBLE!

lux

Monkey
Mar 25, 2004
Wilmington, NC
...I got an idea. How 'bout specifying a font for our names as part of your design? We could have our RM handles sewn to the back after we get 'em.

That way people would know who they were heckling after I crash in front of them.

lux