RM Official Name H8R's Baby Thread

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
How about Emmy Lou?

:think:

:rofl:
Short story about it:

My wife helped start and create the character Emily the Strange.

The guy who started it was a dead-head loser who made bootleg shirts. My wife gave him the original image for the first Emily t-shirt from a sticker she had so he could make her one shirt. He started selling them and then later bought the art. (it was originally a skateboard company sticker)

She helped him develop the character over time and was promised a big return for her part in it. She never saw a dime.

Basically the dude is an art thief scum bag. He knows it, he has asked her to keep it on the down low many times. He does not want to have anyone know that he is not the real creator of the character.

Of course while she was working with him he would literally call her Emily. He based much of the personality of the character on her.

Last time they communicated was lawyers a few years ago, stale mate.

The whole story is really fvcked up, but there you have it.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Short story about it:

My wife helped start and create the character Emily the Strange.

The guy who started it was a dead-head loser who made bootleg shirts. My wife gave him the original image for the first Emily t-shirt from a sticker she had so he could make her one shirt. He started selling them and then later bought the art. (it was originally a skateboard company sticker)

She helped him develop the character over time and was promised a big return for her part in it. She never saw a dime.

Basically the dude is an art thief scum bag. He knows it, he has asked her to keep it on the down low many times. He does not want to have anyone know that he is not the real creator of the character.

Of course while she was working with him he would literally call her Emily. He based much of the personality of the character on her.

Last time they communicated was lawyers a few years ago, stale mate.

The whole story is really fvcked up, but there you have it.
I didn't really want to know... :monkey:

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
what about Naima? it's a coltrane tune (actually a lullaby for his daughter Naima), and it's the second name of my daughter.
i couldn't get it through as her first name (The Boss: "too exotic!!"), which is now Liza.
Funnily the grandparents (both sides) call her Naima, not Liza.

the correct spelling would be Naïma. which means The Gracious in swaheli.

my 0,02 $.

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
Well my daugher EMILY, has been inventing names lately for her toys...and the occasional stranger we encounter in stores.

The have included, Ebla, Ebowa, Keyniss, Maygamo....I am unsure of some of the spellings....

But she does it to people at the store all the time. We'll be walking a long and she looks up ant someone, big smile, (gets a smile back), and says, "Hi Keyniss!!" (or some other name).

We get some funny looks.