Quantcast

RM Prosecutors: What is your charge?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Damn... too much **** to quote here

First off.... a Jake brake..... actually known as a compression brake, is specifically designed for the purpose of slowing the vehicle, by way of opening the exhaust valves just before the fuel is injected, relieving all of the cylenders compression into the exhaust system, and closing the exhaust valves again befor ethe piston makes the downstroke effectivly removing the combustion, and adding vacuum inside the cylender as well to ..... here is the big part...... "AID in the slowing of the vehicle"... it is not intended to stop any vehicle and by its nature when a certain RPM drop has been reached, it will automatically disengage making it physically impossible to stop on a "jake" brake alone.

Jake brakes are also illeagal to run in many California county's for various reason's.

Meushue... I am going to say this one last time... very simple and straight forward.

a fixie with no brakes is just that.... a bike with no brakes. I see what you posted about teh definition of what a brake is... but check this out.... its also specifically designed to stop and/or arrest the motion of a vehicle. 99% plus of all braking systems world wide are friction braking systems. Yo-u just cannot argue this.

Here it is in plain simple form....... it is illeagal to sell a bicycle in the sate of California that is not equiped with a braking system on at least the front or rear wheel, this braking system must be either hand controled, or built into the hub. ALL BICYCLE BRAKING SYSTEMS ARE FRICTION BASED BRAKING SYSTEMS.

The brake must be something that was specifically designed for this, and no your cranks, chain, chainring, and fixed rear hub do not total up to this.... those are all specifically designed to propel the vehicle... not stop it..... That would be why when you go buy a new fixie..... it has ****in brakes on it.

Come on kid, I know your not that retarded.... using the " But I didnt get a ticket" arguement that its ok........ No thats just a cop that decided they didn't want to deal with your dumbass, or that by just letting you ride with no brakes was a little more chlorine into the gene pool.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
And so it begins:
Good. To quote my wife from a recent blog post:

Shannon said:
Wag of the finger to the cyclist who blew past me while I was stopped for a red light this morning. Running red lights at busy intersections during rush hour just makes motorists think we’re a bunch of miscreants.

It was very satisfying to wait for a green light and then pass you on the trail anyway. Quick tip: If you don’t have time to stop for red lights, work on your cardio.
Nothing like getting passed by a girl in a skirt riding a single-speed to (hopefully) shame you into stopping at the light next time?

I'm sick and tired of cyclists acting with total and complete disregard for the law on one hand, and then turning around and trying to demand "equal rights on the road" on the other. If we want motorists to observe laws like "cyclists may use full lane" and "motorists must give 3' when passing a cyclist", the least we can do is follow the law and stop for red lights.......

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Random thought I had today:

Bikes should follow the same rules/regulations as vehicles.

Cars require working brakelights.

Bikes require brakes.

Should a bike require brakelights???