Quantcast

Road bike:

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
you could always count rpms for 15 seconds *4... on stretches where you pedal consistently.

I did that before I upgraded my computer. Next one's gonna have altimeter functions :)

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
My style is definitely more like the Jan than Lance - more deisel than hyper/turbo. But sometimes I just gotta spin, particularly if I've been spending more time on the mtb than the road, because I get accustomed to turning the smaller gears.

If you're not tracking cadence, pay attention to actual speed. Many times I end up going at least as fast (if not faster) with less perceived effort (otherwise known as "pain") when I shift into a lighter gear/higher cadence after struggling in a bigger gear on a given hill.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Oh darn, I didnt garner the approval of a middle-aged, lonely, Magnum P.I. mustache wearing tool who somehow manages to constantly get himself banned from a pretty accepting and liberal cycling site. Woe is me. How ever will I make it?
Post of the week.

Do you still have that homo erotic state trooper moustache and man boobs, Mr Clean?