Quantcast

Rochester Riding

bella

Monkey
Jul 30, 2004
portland or
Well im headed back to school in good ol rochester ny... sigh... now unlike any other years i am bringing my bike. does anyone know some good routes in the roc area? i know of two out to genneseo but other than that im lost for ideas.

bella

Monkey
Jul 30, 2004
portland or
lol... hey if i learn the joys of mtb i may have to go out and buy myself another bike :) my sis has a rocky mtn but its too big otherwise id borrow that for a lil while...

Mtbkngrl

Monkey
Aug 21, 2002
Rochester NY
There's a lot of great road riding in my part of town(which by the way is also Echo and Tweeks part of town). Lake rd. is awesome and has rolling hills and a good sized shoulder........also the traffic isn't too bad. They have organized road rides which start at Webster Park every Tuesday night.

Calm yourselves boys and clean up the drool in your cubes.

bella

Monkey
Jul 30, 2004
portland or
thanks for the tip Mtbngrl ill def keep that in mind.
right now my plan of attack is to just in the geneseo direction and hope i can find my way back :)...
i goto rit so i can hop right on ****. nevermind. im forgetting all the names of roads up there right now. ive been there for going on 3 yrs youd think id know the area better.
anyways thanx

Nate at RIT

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
bending stuff in the ROC
Hey, I'll be back in Rochester sometime the first week of September, going to RIT. I know of a lot of good road loops that leave from RIT. Got a nice little 20 mile loop, Geneseo's a good ride, there's a lot of rides you can do. Send me a PM, if you want to go for a ride. I can give you my cell. You should also stop by my apt for weekend/after ride parties, we did that a lot last year.