Quantcast

Rock Shox Solo Air + TK Damper Questions

Dec 6, 2015
Iran / Tehran
Hi all Folks...........

Today i opened up a 2013 Rock Shox Recon Silver...........

And found some thing i have never seen on the previous versions..........

The Switch between the positive & Negative chambers were new to me.....................

It was some how different from the ones i have saw before in other Recon / Tora 's

The other ones i have always worked on looked like this...........
* note the Wavy washer in this particular pic is broken........!!!!!!!!

with a small wavy washer that pushes the whole white part down so the thin O-Ring that is beneath this part touches the plates underneath it preventing positive air to flow in the Neg.........

but in this new one looks like its vise versa....................

this one is like has a big wavy washer pushing the grey part up away from the underneath plate

tried to open this grey part and managed to unthread it out of the base rod for some turns as it moves up further away from the black plate..............but stops after some turns.............!!!!!

I have 2 questions here .......

First : how should i get this part completely out as i need to replace the O-ring that is in between the Pos / Neg .............

And second.............a more basic question...............???

in fact in rock Shox's Solo airs......

what does exactly this switch do ??? and after inflating your fork........ does this switch open up during the use while the fork traveling through its course ??? changing the amount of pressure between the Pos/ Neg ????

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

And another issue i have here is with a Rock Shox XC28 TK Damper..........

the fork wouldnt lock out......even as the knob was fully turned clockwise to the lock position...........

i noticed this little bolt at the bottom of the damper is loose.....................

trying to tighten it found out it was the threads were stripped.............thus cant be tightened any more.........
* this steel bolt is threaded in the damper body into plastic threads..........

Put it back in the fork and packed the fork up................then realized one thing..........

When pushing down hard & fast the lock works ........but when pushing slow doesnt............

think as the bolt cant push that thin washer tight enough to the orifice openings its like this and while pushing down fast & hard the fluid pressure helps and pushed the washer right ???

If im right can any body help me fixing this as we are in iran and a new TK damper is not reachable !!!!

So we have to fix the things we cant afford........!!!!!

and one final question.........

how much should this bolt be tightened at all ???? i dont remember working on them much therefore my Internal brain/body torque meter isnt set for them ......!!!!!!!!

Pre thanx to every body for their attention..............

Cheers from Iran.......

Dec 6, 2015
Iran / Tehran
i tried to edit my post adding another pic from the old type if solo air switch i was used to but the system says your content is spam like........!!!

so i was forced to add it here.............

e2jankow

Chimp
Aug 5, 2020
I found this spring washer was broken causing a slight click at top out. I have a 2016 Sektor which uses the spring washer sandwiched between the top air piston and the plastic plate with the pin through it, like in the picture above.

I was able to get a replacement spring washer but cannot figure out how to replace it. How did you replace the spring washer? I can unscrew the top air piston a few turns and then it stops. Is there a way to remove the pin from the bottom plate? I cannot find this documented on any of the Rock Shox service documents.