Quantcast

Rockshox Vivid setup on a 2010 Demo 8, anyone?!

richgardiner

Monkey
Aug 19, 2008
Hey,

I'll be running a vivid for the first time ever on my 2010 Demo at a race this weekend and I've not really seen many people running this combo, and I have no idea where to start in terms of getting a good setup, can anyone help?!

I weigh around 75kg Kitted up, and I've bought a 400lb spring. I like my rebound on the slower side and I'm coming off a shock that was too soft and fast for me, so hopefully I can find a better setup with this!

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Rich

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
Hey,

I'll be running a vivid for the first time ever on my 2010 Demo at a race this weekend and I've not really seen many people running this combo, and I have no idea where to start in terms of getting a good setup, can anyone help?!

I weigh around 75kg Kitted up, and I've bought a 400lb spring. I like my rebound on the slower side and I'm coming off a shock that was too soft and fast for me, so hopefully I can find a better setup with this!

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Rich
There are two ways to approach this: 1) By feel OR 2)Using SRAM's Vivid Tuning Guide as a starting point.

If you want to go by feel, zero-out all adjustments (compression & rebound). Check sag then adjust spring rate accordingly. Next adjust compression. Last adjust rebound.

If you want to use SRAM's tuning guide, go here:

http://cdn.sram.com/cdn/farfuture/kqQ1yYJZqXJKVyfrI656i-omlRF2gDPkR91-eoI8LSc/mtime:1265743380/sites/default/files/vivid_pocketguid_en.pdf

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

b.utters

Monkey
Mar 30, 2011
Go up 50lbs in spring weight from what you would normally run and run no or very little compression.

Last edited: