Quantcast

Rode a BH G4 today

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Took the shop's G4 home today so that I could ride it before work this morning.

55.5 with the seatpost at max extension, 100mm stem. it was about a cm short in the total TT length, and 5mm short from bb to saddle, but doable.

in a nutshell, that is a god damn fun bike to ride. maybe it was the short-ish chainstays, i don't know, but riding that bike was like riding a jack rabbit. i was surprised that it felt more lively than my Super Six.

build was full D/A with my white DT wheels running Hutch tubeless. with pedals, wheels, and cage, it came to 16.25lbs.

if you have yet to have a chance to ride one of these, you gotta go do it.

price as built, with R-SYS was/ is 6499.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
bike

seattube clearance with 23 Fusion 2.

first company to utilize an integrated seatmast, one of 3 or 4 CNT frame available.

Zero Gs suck, and why we threw Swiss Stops on a bike that comes with RSYS wheels is beyond me.

cable channel under downtube.

checked the geometry on the 57cm frame and am kind of wondering about fit. it's a rather substantial jump in seattube length and headtube length.

like i said, fun bike to ride.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Thats a nice looking bike! I like the colors. That sucks to hear the Zero Gs are no good, I always thought they were interesting looking brakes

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Do you think the seat mast will be on every high end road bike? Still seems a little too gadgety to me.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I think we will be looking back at seatmasts as the mid 'aughts version of biopace....

What good is a race bike that doesn't fit in a travel case?