Quantcast

Rode Camp Robinson, AR

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Great place to ride!

It was fun to ride over a lot of rocks (until they got wet from the rain).

I wish I would have had a bit more time to ride some more of the trails!

:thumb:

ARmtnBIKER

Chimp
Apr 10, 2002
The Natural State
Sweet!!! I just rode out there on Saturday myself, I love those trails... I hope you rode it with someone thats familiar with them, real easy place to get lost at, so many miles of trails with so many different loops. :monkey:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Originally posted by ARmtnBIKER
Sweet!!! I just rode out there on Saturday myself, I love those trails... I hope you rode it with someone thats familiar with them, real easy place to get lost at, so many miles of trails with so many different loops. :monkey:
I did.

We found out that Five Mile Loop is neither a loop nor 5 miles.... :p

ARmtnBIKER

Chimp
Apr 10, 2002
The Natural State
Originally posted by N8
I did.

We found out that Five Mile Loop is neither a loop nor 5 miles.... :p
:D actually it is a loop, and probably really close to 5 miles if you do the whole thing, although you probably turned off on dogwood at about the halfway point not realizing it... I figured you rode either 5 mile, Merlin or Ball of Nails after seeing your comment about rocks! those 3 trails are the rockiest ones out there, the rest of the trails are pretty smooth for the most part. Next time your out there you need to hang a right as soon as you get into the trails and hit Berm, Twin Bridges, Outside, Airport and Port-a-Potty loops, those are the best ones out there in my opinion, super fast and smooth... :thumb:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I'm not sure of all the names of the trails although I do remember the name Dogwood... I was wanting to ride Advanced Trig just 'cuz the name sounded fun... :p

I rode with a local ga, Jen, who move to Lil Rock a few months ago and is active in the bike club there.

We got caught in that cold front and the rain soaked us and made the rocks especially tricky.

I gotta go back!

ARmtnBIKER

Chimp
Apr 10, 2002
The Natural State
If you got over around Advanced Trig then you had to of ridden a one or two of the before mentioned trails, just so many different names to keep up with. I've been riding out there for 6 years and there are still some trails I dont know. You should of ridden Advanced Trig, that is if you like a challenge, its appropriately named, probably one of the most technical trails out there. Camp does kinda suck when it rains, the rocks and roots tend to get real slick, and the layout of the trails make it where you just want to go fast but you cant without busting your ass...:eek:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Yeah... wet roots suck but then so do wet rocks... and rocks can move on ya too!

We rode 2 Sat eve's ago. We did Christmas Tree Loop, Two Bridges, Berm Trail, a little of Yucca Trail and the Highway.

We came back Sun Morn and did 5 Mile Loop to Dogwood when the rain and cold front hit. Temps dropped 20 degrees and we booked it outta there!

With trail names like El Stupido, Advanced Trig, Ball of Nails and Elevator I HAVE to go back!