Quantcast

Ron Paul - 1 Week, 1 Million Dollars

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
What is it all the hippies like about this guy? His fencing out of the hispandex or his love of assault weapons? And what's his stance on healthcare? That "health freedom" link isnt going to cut it for me.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
He wants to limit the power of the federal government. The state where you live can enact all the expansive entitlement policies it wants if thats what your people vote for. Just don't expect the rest of the country to kick in for it.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
What is it all the hippies like about this guy? His fencing out of the hispandex or his love of assault weapons? And what's his stance on healthcare? That "health freedom" link isnt going to cut it for me.
He puts up anti-establishment signs everywhere.
They look all ghetto and not mass produced.
Hippies eat that $hit up.:disgust1:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
He wants to limit the power of the federal government. The state where you live can enact all the expansive entitlement policies it wants if thats what your people vote for. Just don't expect the rest of the country to kick in for it.
Awesome.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Brief Overview of Congressman Paul&#8217;s Record:

He has never voted to raise taxes.
He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
He has never taken a government-paid junket.
He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war.

He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

Congressman Paul introduces numerous pieces of substantive legislation each year, probably more than any single member of Congress.

If he was elected he'd be executed a week after being sworn in.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
So he's just a states-rightsist libertarian who calls himself republican. Fair enough I suppose, but I still dont get why the very liberal are all over this guy's jockstrap.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
So he's just a states-rightsist libertarian who calls himself republican. Fair enough I suppose, but I still dont get why the very liberal are all over this guy's jockstrap.
He's old school republican. The "feds get the fvck out of the state's business" type.

I'm sure sovereign citizen groups and state militias are creaming there pants over someone like him.

Jun 29, 2007
Alabama
He's a real Republican. The neo-cons have warped what the GOP stands for. He's also the only hope for a GOP win. Liberals and moderates will vote for him. That's more than can be said for any other republican.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
He's a real Republican. The neo-cons have warped what the GOP stands for. He's also the only hope for a GOP win. Liberals and moderates will vote for him. That's more than can be said for any other republican.
But Republicans will not vote for him. If he can't make it out of the primaries he'll never make it to the oval office.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
The South shall RISE AGAIN!! :p
Just wednesday I saw this girl wearing a shirt that says "The more I learn about Yankess, the more I wonder how WE lost the war" and of course this was overlayed on a rebel flag background.
WTF are you even talking about beyotch?

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I wonder if the hippies know, in general, that states rightist types hate things like:

National Parks
National Forests
NEPA
Bureau of Land Management
Wild and Scenic Rivers
...the list goes on.

Im taking a law class at the moment where Im learning alot about the different acts that created the Natl. parks and all that stuff, the biggest opposition has been from the western republican, states rights types that hate federal ownership of land of any kind.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Just wednesday I saw this girl wearing a shirt that says "The more I learn about Yankess, the more I wonder how WE lost the war" and of course this was overlayed on a rebel flag background.
WTF are you even talking about beyotch?
She probably reckoned that all that searchin for mates outside a kin that they wouldn't have had no time to learn no shoot'n.

RenegadeRick

98th percentile on my SAT & all I got was this tin
I wonder if the hippies know, in general, that states rightist types hate things like:

National Parks
National Forests
NEPA
Bureau of Land Management
Wild and Scenic Rivers
...the list goes on.
I am all for supporting nature, but why can't state and local governments be responsible for such things?

Those folks are closer to their electorate and therefore more accountable to them. Why should NY tax dollars go to support some big hole in the AZ desert? I understand this hole in question is a nice and pretty hole, but it would still be there without any cash outlay as long as the LOCAL government blocked development. If the local government failed to see the wisdom of protecting said hole, then they would have their constituency to answer to. For all I know, their constituency would actually support development in said hole and they would be perfectly within their rights to do so if they saw fit.

I believe in local solutions for local issues. And just think of the revenue that could be generated by the Grand Canyon Burro Burger Bistro Resort and Spa (if that is what the people wanted).

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I am all for supporting nature, but why can't state and local governments be responsible for such things?

Those folks are closer to their electorate and therefore more accountable to them. Why should NY tax dollars go to support some big hole in the AZ desert? I understand this hole in question is a nice and pretty hole, but it would still be there without any cash outlay as long as the LOCAL government blocked development. If the local government failed to see the wisdom of protecting said hole, then they would have their constituency to answer to. For all I know, their constituency would actually support development in said hole and they would be perfectly within their rights to do so if they saw fit.

I believe in local solutions for local issues. And just think of the revenue that could be generated by the Grand Canyon Burro Burger Bistro Resort and Spa (if that is what the people wanted).
Some times such things should not be left to the states. I'd hate to see what the Tetons and Yellowstone might be with jurisdiction falling solely with Wyoming. :disgust1:

It's bad enough the way things are going with the commercialization of the National Parks.

I think we have, as a nation, a responsibility for maintaining national public lands.

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
At one point they were, and what you saw was the decline of natural resources, from fish and game to timber across the country. Also, compare your local state park to the nearest national park if you want to see the difference in quality of how the states vs. the feds treat natural resources.

Some "treasures" IMO belong to humanity, and not simply the constituents of a particular voting district. The grand canyon being a perfect example. If locals decide to make it a trash dump, that's not ok just because they voted it so. That is actually a great description of the need for federal oversight on such matters.
Also, the people of New York, the citizens anyway, are as of now, part owners of the Natl. Parks and that's a good thing and also why their tax dollars should be sent in that direction. Imagine the state of Wyoming with little to no industry trying to set aside money for conservation....ain't happening w/ out federal help. There is no real economy there anymore to be so "frivilous" with money.

Because of the parks, tons of those kinds of places do generate revenue. Go to any town outside a national park, and they literally live off the tourism provided by the fed gov't. And also, the parks system is just one system of many that work better on a federal level than on a state.

RenegadeRick

I think we have, as a nation, a responsibility for maintaining national public lands.
I can support this position, and I agree that this is a real problem as well:
It's bad enough the way things are going with the commercialization of the National Parks.
But who can you complain to if the Federal Government wants to suck the oil out of Fruita, CO?

It's not as if they have to listen to you. You are no more than a teensy fly on their radar.

RenegadeRick

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
you are joking, right?

http://www.imba.com/news/action_alerts/04_06/04_25_fruita.html
http://www.trailcentral.com/dirt/index.php?key=20

I am willing to concede that maybe natural resources are better managed by the feds...
just want to make the point that it is difficult to complain to a distant authority in most situations.
Jeezus, man - Fruita ain't no National Park. Nor should it be, IMO. This is why we have local, state, and federal oversight of lands such as these.

I personally don't think the impact would be all that huge if they worked with the local groups to minimize impact. Those gas wells are really quite innocuous once they get the drilling done.

Besides - I need natural gas to heat my house. :thumb:

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Because as soon as they're cash-strapped, they'll log Yellowstone. Places like that are a national treasure, and the whole country hurts when they're lost. There's a reason it's the UNITED States.

edit: ****, I guess i should read everyone else's responses before i write my own.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Because as soon as they're cash-strapped, they'll log Yellowstone. Places like that are a national treasure, and the whole country hurts when they're lost. There's a reason it's the UNITED States.

edit: ****, I guess i should read everyone else's responses before i write my own.
Yeah, dumba$$. Get with the program. :p

OrthoPT

Monkey
Nov 17, 2004
Denver

OMG! I just agreed with you. Mark your calendars, everybody! :p

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
BLM lands are a different matter altogether, than a Natl. Park or forest, and dont belong to the state at all either. If you ask me though, having those lands in the BLM's hands is still better than in the hands of private developers in most cases.

When did you turn into a friggin hippie?

RenegadeRick

If so, today is the day to donate to the campaign at http://ronpaul2008.com.

Today, ThisNovember5th, has organized a donation day with the goal of raising $10,000,000 for Ron Paul's campaign in a single day.

At this site http://ronpaulgraphs.com/nov_5_extended_total.html you can watch the donation progress in real time. As of this posting it is at $850,000 collected today. At this rate it seems that the campaign will easily collect over $1,000,000 today, not in a week, TODAY.

If you believe in an end to this fiasco of a war and a return to constitutional government, now is the time to step up. Every little bit helps.

Oh and to save you the trouble, here is our friend Mr. :spam:.
But it is :spam: for the end of the IRS. A worthy cause indeed.

Thanks for listening :monkey:s. Donate today!

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i found one of your tactics to reach your financial goals: oops!
most candidates seem to attract a diverse group of people with common goals/ideals.

paulanesians are apeschyte ex-wife crazy.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
oh, wait: today is guy fawkes day. gather round kids, let's sing a few lyrics:
“Don’t you remember the 5th of November
Is gunpowder treason and plot?
I don’t see the reason why gunpowder treason
Should ever be forgot
A stick and a stake, for Queen Victoria’s Sake
I pray master give us a faggit
If you dont give us one well take two
The better for us and the worse for you”
do you watch The Wall w/ your paulinesians every friday night while live blogging?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
If so, today is the day to donate to the campaign at http://ronpaul2008.com.

Today, ThisNovember5th, has organized a donation day with the goal of raising $10,000,000 for Ron Paul's campaign in a single day.

At this site http://ronpaulgraphs.com/nov_5_extended_total.html you can watch the donation progress in real time. As of this posting it is at $850,000 collected today. At this rate it seems that the campaign will easily collect over $1,000,000 today, not in a week, TODAY.

If you believe in an end to this fiasco of a war and a return to constitutional government, now is the time to step up. Every little bit helps.

Oh and to save you the trouble, here is our friend Mr. :spam:.
But it is :spam: for the end of the IRS. A worthy cause indeed.

Thanks for listening :monkey:s. Donate today!
I hope you are getting a cheerleaders uniform and some pom poms out of this.