Quantcast

Rossland pt 2

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
While the 7 summits trail in Rossland was definitely a highlight... what really made the town was the endless amount of burly trails you could access right from downtown.

We were lucky because we had our car to shuttle with AND our hostess was nice enough to leave us her vehicle while she was away at work.

Our little car looked kind of silly all loaded up. And since we've lost a bike once before on a rack, we tied everything down w/ lots of straps

Rossland

Here's our lovely hostess Kelly in the background. She not only put us up in a place to stay, but ended up making us a lovely pad thai dinner that night.

Crown Point
was flowy and fun. But most of the action shots came out like doody while we got used to a new camera.

nice woodwork. crappy timing

we were staying 2 blocks away from the jay hoots designed skills park. they had a killer wall ride that was ALMOST done, but not yet rideable. too bad.
would be cool to see something like this around here to play around on.

Oasis
is a great shuttle run that drops from the mtn pass above Rossland down to the town of Trail.

I'm not sure what's dorkier. My hideous shorts or Ben's bobble head helmet.

These all have the ski resort Red Mtn off in the background. Which normally has lift access, but was temporarily closed due to construction.

The trail was split into 2 distinct parts. The top was rockier w/ more features. And the bottoms was just smooth and as fast as you wanted it to be.

Here you can see the Columbia river and the city of Trail

on a hot day we were glad it ended here:

that same night we explored some more of their xc trails. still fun stuff

and skinnies as far as the eye could see

and it's always good to go out with a bang, right? we met up with some folks for a shuttle of Cherry Poppins.

But when it came down to Ben vs. the trail. The trail won.

Luckily I got out of the way just in time

Rossland was alot of fun, but I wouldn't mind heading just up to Whistler again. You get alot more riding in when you have a lift to transport you around. Also, it's nice to take it easy on a trail the first time and then really give it your all once you warm up to it. A lot harder when you're shuttling because you only really get one chance.... then it's time to move on to another trail.

----
the end.

graffiti in downtown Nelson. another cool BC town.

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
That was totally sweet, thanks for the great ride report.

One of the best crash shots I've ever seen. Hope Ben's ok. (and his bike too!) :eek:

amydalayna

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
south lake tahoe, ca
Ben's knee is currently twice the size it should be and has bruising running from above the knee down to his ankle. He's been doing some mellow xc rides right now, so I guess it's not TOO bad.

The bike is also not happy. Had to do the rest of the ride w/out a rear derailleur or a saddle.