Quantcast

Rubes Fight Tyranny with White Privilege and a Farcical Justice System

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
From armed standoff to twisted sideshow

So far authorities have declined to confront the men or to put the squeeze on them by restricting movement to and from the refuge or even to turn off the electricity, which might help draw the men out of the compound in the freezing January days.

But the lack of confrontation by federal officials has not only prevented it from becoming the next Waco or Ruby Ridge but transformed it into a peculiar and mundane sideshow, a one-sided standoff where the militiamen's days are marked by visits from wacky outsiders like pretend judge Bruce Doucette coming to sniff out "evidence" against the federal government and from disgruntled community members ready for the men to leave already.

By leaving the would-be revolutionaries to their own devices, authorities have given them enough rope to hang themselves.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
All your Wildlife Refuge are belong to us.

"These lands belong all of us. What this is, is an armed, criminal political occupation of public lands. That should offend everybody," said Bob Sallinger of the Adubon Society of Portland. "Number two, they're destroying public property. I mean they're literally stealing from the public when they go in and take down fences and they destroy habitat and they break into buildings."

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I don't know how a barrel of lube gets shipped, but we get 55 gallon drums of oil and chemicals on pallets, usually wrapped in saran wrap. Hopefully they have proper spill prevention. Safety is everyone's business!

They forgot snacks, I highly doubt they have appropriate PPE for handling such a chemical, yet alone a pallet jack

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Before long, they're going to get bored. I think some sexy cop, and sexy firefighter costumes might be In order. Maybe even sexy road construction worker outfit?

4130biker

May 24, 2007
I don't understand why they didn't just arrest them at the "community meeting" and call it a day.
Yeah, I'm a little confused too. Seems like it's all so low-key that they could just send in a few plain clothes agents to arrest em when they're not lookin.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yeah, I'm a little confused too. Seems like it's all so low-key that they could just send in a few plain clothes agents to arrest em when they're not lookin.
That's when the shooting happens and the right wing martyrdom begins +/- some dead federal agents. Best to let them be idiots off in the hinterlands.

4130biker

May 24, 2007
That's when the shooting happens and the right wing martyrdom begins +/- some dead federal agents. Best to let them be idiots off in the hinterlands.
Yeah, you're probably right. I just view them as so comfortable and inept that none would even be ready. But I suppose even one packing a tertiary prison pocket sidearm would be enough to start a massive shit show.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
i'm not talking about going into the compound guns a blazing, I'm talking about picking them up as they exit the WalMart, or in this case, the community meeting.

Do it like they do the warrant or dead beat dad round ups. Tell Y'all Qaeda they are giving away snacks at the community center.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'm not sure but I think those idiots got cited. A friend of mine up there told me about this last year. It was basically just a matter of finding out which days/times they went hiking and then some cops showed up.

On another note: what mykel really meant

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruby_Ridge

I remembered hearing about this in the news and was too busy learning differential equations and trying to put my pee pee in anything that moved..........but holy shit!

That kind of thing'll make you distrust the government and want to establish a bunker!

Last edited:

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Gov Brown said:
“Federal authorities must move quickly to end the occupation and hold all of the wrongdoers accountable,” Brown said.

“This spectacle of lawlessness must end.”

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
“God wants us here, there’s a sense that’s beckoning and it comes from heaven,” militiaman Kelly Gneiting said. “We’re doing what’s right, we’re doing what the founding fathers would do because we’re inspired by God, also.”