Quantcast

Rumor has it...

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
jrok said:
I bet someone is pulling your chain....dh races on jeffco watch....i doubt that.
If you remember, several years ago thunder valley MX(I'm guessing this is the same place who is supposedly putting on the DH races) used to have DS races like every other weekend...Maybe they're stepping up to the plate again, who knows.

ladge

Chimp
May 5, 2002
Arvada
axlvid23 said:
If you remember, several years ago thunder valley MX(I'm guessing this is the same place who is supposedly putting on the DH races) used to have DS races like every other weekend...Maybe they're stepping up to the plate again, who knows.
I had my worst wreck of all time at that place...that would be great to see it open again!

Otherwise this is just another brilliant attempt at getting our local trails shut down - bad karma having some sort of race at a Jeffco trail ( or group ride with timed decent or whatever you want to call it). :mumble:

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
Isn't the moto track is privately owned? Them dudes tear out like maniacs. There should be no problem putting in a DH track if they want it. Hell, I'd come out and learn to crash. Green Mtn wouldn't be much fun for DHing

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
Ascentrek said:
Isn't the moto track is privately owned? Them dudes tear out like maniacs. There should be no problem putting in a DH track if they want it. Hell, I'd come out and learn to crash. Green Mtn wouldn't be much fun for DHing
yea, crazy-indian-biker-trailer-man-guy owns it.

Jump Jumper

Chimp
Mar 28, 2004
no it wont be on the moto track. i know that for sure, they are to concentrated on mx natioinals coming up

axlvid23

Monkey
Jun 1, 2003
Littleton
©2001 said:
there's a connector from dakota ridge to green mtn now, right? is that where they're gonna be? i hope not. (public multi-use trail).
Not to mention that it would be less than entertaining as a DH run....180 deg tight switchbacks and no real obstacles (rocks, roots, ect).

If it does in fact exist it'll be on the mx course's property.

Bikerpunk241

Monkey
Sep 28, 2001
When I was last at Thunder Valley (mid March), there were only a couple flat corners and some dirt mounds left of the slalom course. I highly doubt there is a DH race there. However, there is a National Motocross there in July....

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
A while back Jeffco was game for a freeride style trail coming down above the motox track. All they wanted was an idea of what should be built. But that all came about when the CDCC finally called it quits. Maybe the guys that restarted the club got this going.

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
jhusktrials said:
A while back Jeffco was game for a freeride style trail coming down above the motox track. All they wanted was an idea of what should be built. But that all came about when the CDCC finally called it quits. Maybe the guys that restarted the club got this going.
Haa haa haa... isn't there a piston range behind the moto track? :help:

They'll restart the club and retake your money.

jhusktrials

Monkey
Dec 29, 2001
Denver
Ascentrek said:
Haa haa haa... isn't there a piston range behind the moto track? :help:

They'll restart the club and retake your money.
There is a firing range closer to I-70. This was going to be more toward the trail that connects Dakota Ridge with Green Mountain. And, I was one of the board members for the CDCC... they won't be taking my money again:).