Quantcast

Running Routes

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
I am not a huge fan of running through suburbia...it gets boring running in front of houses. I like to mix it up a bit and run through some woods.

Which leads to a problem.... I have no idea exactly how far I ran.
Which would be well and good if I wasn't training for something.

I found this today:

Map My Run

You can map your run, it spits out mileage.
You can save your run.
You can see other people's routes and mileage (just in case you wanted to run someone else's 13 mile route today).

-Mud

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
thats cool. I have been using google pedometer map, or something similar for a while now. I like to run and run and then come home and see how far i've gone.

I used to use this really nice pedometer that TN got me, but once on a run it fell off and i backtracked 3 miles only to find laying about 500 yards from my frickin driveway.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I found out this morning that running to the old rural cemetary and back will be a regular thing for me.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
stinkyboy said:
Getting back is key.

:rofl:
It's an awesome cemetary. Almost no graves in there are past 1908.

One stone has a tree enveloping it.

It's a really peaceful place. (go figure)

kizzi77

Monkey
Aug 11, 2005
nashvegas
MudGrrl said:
I found this today:

Map My Run

You can map your run, it spits out mileage.
You can save your run.
You can see other people's routes and mileage (just in case you wanted to run someone else's 13 mile route today).

-Mud
This is a very fun tool. I messed around with putting in random distances for a while before using it to seriously map out a good running and biking route. thanks! :)

Boomer-61

Chimp
Jul 17, 2002
Atlanta, GA
I don't know what your budget is but Target sells a small GPS unit you can strap to your arm that logs milage, inclination, rate of speed and all sorts on interesting stuff for about $99 before tax. I believe it is is called a "Fore runner" or something like that. I have a similar unit for my bike and have been pleased with it. I used it on a hike too and for about the first time in my life I actually knew how far I had walked by the end of the day. The units are made by Garmin, check out their seb site. With all that information it helps make your outings a bit more purposeful.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
laura said:
thats cool. I have been using google pedometer map, or something similar for a while now. I like to run and run and then come home and see how far i've gone.

I used to use this really nice pedometer that TN got me, but once on a run it fell off and i backtracked 3 miles only to find laying about 500 yards from my frickin driveway.
Thanks!

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to laura again."