Quantcast

Russia Tests Out New Long Distance Nuke Rocket

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Russia Tests Out New Long Distance Nuke Rocket

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1621970.ece

Very provocative step by Russian military.

It makes the Ukraine access to Russian silos imperative.

This could back fire on the Russians and force a reassessment by NATO with Ukraine and have treaties signed.

This is sounding like a parallel to the lead up to the World War I all over again.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
the Russians are taking what ever then can get in the final months of Bush the lesser's rule incompetant

I looked into the man's eyes and I saw his soul, I trust him...Bush on Putin

The idiot has rendered the US impotent in the eyes of the world:banghead:

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
New nuke missile test, how is that possible with a standing ABM treaty that dissalows them for Russia and the USA?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
In case you haven't noticed, Putin doesn't really give a rat's ass about treaties, public opinion or sovereign territorial rights. He has a Security Council veto, no one can do anything about it anyways.

bohorec

Monkey
Jun 26, 2007
New nuke missile test, how is that possible with a standing ABM treaty that dissalows them for Russia and the USA?

US unilaterally withdrew from it in 2002, but don't worry, they have some sort of treaty now, which allows both sides to make new lethal and even non-lethal nukes totally legally.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
US unilaterally withdrew from it in 2002, but don't worry, they have some sort of treaty now, which allows both sides to make new lethal and even non-lethal nukes totally legally.
Hahahaha, thank you, I was out fishing for that reply. One can hardly think that such an action wouldn't lead to a reaction.. And in this case, I fail to see an intercontinental balistic missile test, that probably have been planed for a long time, to Russia putting pressure on Georgia. It's not like Georgia was unaware of the existance of Russias nuclear arms and its UN mission in S.O. three weeks ago that would have led them not to commit those atrocities?!!

Trancend, please check out the articles in the 'georgia vs. russia' thread. There you'll find some that bring forth other and more nuanced information than what many other articles have. At least those articles will bring out some questioning of the view comming from the Whitehouse. Might even change your mind on the matter in a whole.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Does anyone else fall down laughing at the thought of McCain winning the Presidency, dropping over dead in the first six months, and then having a mom from Alaska go head to head with Putin?

I do...but that's because I can run to Canada at short notice.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
Does anyone else fall down laughing at the thought of McCain winning the Presidency, dropping over dead in the first six months, and then having a mom from Alaska go head to head with Putin?

I do...but that's because I can run to Canada at short notice.
How come, she crazier than McCain??

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
It's funny all this talk about a new cold war. I think some people have forgotten/are too young to have known what the cold war was really like. This is nowhere near that.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
It's funny all this talk about a new cold war. I think some people have forgotten/are too young to have known what the cold war was really like. This is nowhere near that.
There's a positive difference that I'd like to mention and that is that back then people were in large devided in communists-americano files. Today, we're not devided in two distinct blocks, that we support uncritically, any more. The internet is in an easy way giving a lot of people an alternative feed of information that wasn't possible before. I know the vast majority of people haven't got access to the webz, but it's made a difference already. And that amount of people is growning..

EDIT: I like to ad that The Joker is right about that this is looking like a pararell to WWI. Both got started over one two different (blocks) of powers that wanted to control the oil comming from the east. Germany was about to lengthen the rails of the Oriental Express, that ended in Konstantinopel/Istanbul, all the way to Bagdad. The Redcoats couldn't have that...

Last edited: