Quantcast

S͓̙͍͍ͪ͒̀̇̍Â̯̹̖̮̭̩͛ͮ͌T̖̯̐̒ͬ͒̃̄̀E̞̝ͦ̓̃ͭ̊̾́R̰̬̝̈̿͑̉D̪̞̭̫̬̭̈́̇ͤ͂̔́Ȕ̝͇̇R̫̉͘P GMT

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Howdy all. I shall pedal a bike today with @Nick
Super fun ride. Slow climb (of course) but we decided that since we were both feeling slow it would be a 'no-walk, no-dab' ride on the lower technical bits. Don't clean something? Back it up and try again. Hands down the longest its ever taken me to get up that 1,600'. Good times.

Need some talcum powder.
Gold Bond Blue ftw :rockout:

blissfully, the wind has brought cooler temps, praise his noodliness.
it's gorgeous here now. all the windows are open. come on rain!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
I kind of figure it would be easier and less expensive to sell and move, but the wife.......
Another example of homeownership FTS. Wife has been wanting the hollywood lights replaced in the bathrooms for about 10 years. Which, on the surface of it, seems should be a pretty straightforward task.

Unfortunately, the original builder's crew was apparently a pack of skilless monkeys. :mad:

This is why we can't have nice things.

light.jpg

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Another example of homeownership FTS. Wife has been wanting the hollywood lights replaced in the bathrooms for about 10 years. Which, on the surface of it, seems should be a pretty straightforward task.

Unfortunately, the original builder's crew was apparently a pack of skilless monkeys. :mad:

This is why we can't have nice things.

View attachment 129348
Just returned from a fact finding/idea hunt at Lowe's.

I think I'll just burn this shit box down and start over. It will be less painful that way.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
WWRMD?

I have been presented with a situation.

I joined a team (Team A, super cool team, super cool manager) ~6 months ago, in parallel to that on a separate team, Team B (the new hot hotness) was being formed in parallel.

A co-worker of mine from a previous team (not Team A) had joined them, and then a co-worker from Team A had joined Team B.

Now Team A is down from 6 to 4 people, and I have been offered a spot on Team B.

I feel like my departure to Team B would cause things to blackhole behind me, and that I would burn the bridge with manager of Team B.

Thoughts?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
WWRMD?

I joined a team (Team A, super cool team, super cool manager) ~6 months ago, in parallel to that on a separate team, Team B (the new hot hotness) was being formed in parallel.

A co-worker of mine from a previous team (not Team A) had joined them, and then a co-worker from Team A had joined Team B.

Now Team A is down from 6 to 4 people, and I have been offered a spot on Team B.

I feel like my departure to Team B would cause things to blackhole behind me, and that I would burn the bridge with manager of Team B.

Thoughts?
Didn't we do this equation once before? I feel like someone got a custom title by sleeping with team C, or something.

The answer is leave an upper decker, find new job.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
WWRMD?

Thoughts?
Is this soccer or WC DH? :confused:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Super fun ride. Slow climb (of course) but we decided that since we were both feeling slow it would be a 'no-walk, no-dab' ride on the lower technical bits. Don't clean something? Back it up and try again. Hands down the longest its ever taken me to get up that 1,600'. Good times.
I am beat and a half from that. Good times indeed.

:homer:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Sent a guy from Dallas out on his first mountain bike ride ever.
He insisted on doing the local 20 mile, 3000 ft ride.
Curious when I will see him back.
So, guy came back, just a little worse for wear.
Said he pushed up the first 1500 ft, turned around, and wiped out a few times on the trail back down.
No damage to him or bike, so I would call that a success!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Well no one in our group died on the trail today, though the heat and humidity in the jungle tried a few times. Almost slipped into this shit creek trying to dunk my head under a small water fall. We were literally the only ones in the forest today.

We finished off the ride with a swim and then cooked streaks at the trail head. Hell yeah.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
This is an impressive display of wingdings. I approve.

Spent the last 10 days in Alaska aka the Motor City. Headed home tomorrow. Gonna be a long travel day. :dead:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
was that dr stoney who was in this situation.

I would not be leaving any upperdeckers
Sort of. Team A (current) is changing to not benefit me. Team B is under the same management/LOB silo, however mgmt is driving me to go that way because Team C didn't get funded. Team C was never managing a team.

I just went AWOL though and applied for team Z which is same product line, but different management/LOB. I'm not leaving A/B high and dry, but they could be in a better position if I were to stay. This is assuming I get the job, but my manager and VP both went and talked to the Team Z AVP in charge of hiring last week, so it looks positive.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
My wife is currently painting the cupboards in our kitchen. I think we will have to replace the range as it's the only remaining appliance that hasn't failed voluntarily.

I hate replacing stuff that isn't broken...

The countertops are the wildcard, though.
The top rack and one of the wheel assemblies on the lower rack in our dishwasher are broken. It works just fine, but this two parts are $250. With Wifey's developer discount, the px difference is so low that it is almost worth just getting a new dishwasher. So damn wasteful.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
WWRMD?

Thoughts?
quit.

fuck teams.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Does anyone elses phone or Chrome OS device try to translate The Lounge to Vietnamese every time you load this page or your alerts tab?

FRIG

:busted:

(at least Chrome works..)

:rofl: