Quantcast

S&M WTF Update

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Curious of what you guys thought about this, I'm not really liking the direction but I understand bmx evolving so I appreciate S&M's attempts. I don't see myself running a front female hub, but I am gonna give the ratchet hub a try. I'm curious to how their new hub is gonna turn out like. One thing I don't understand is the shorter fork legs? How?

”...A couple other thing cool things going round here… As we get further in to the finalization of the WTF, I’m finally able to give you a lil’ info on this machine. Here’s what I got from Christian…
-The WTF frame provides a lower stand over height without the “scooter” like appearance, no Zoots here. Check the difference next to the CAM frame.
-Blackhole dropouts on it will never pinch like traditional dropouts.
-Light weight without sacraficing strength.
-Has a lower BB and makes for a better center of gravity, so it’s stable.
-75 degree HT angle to remain nimble.

If you guys are wondering about the forks in the picture too, listen to this
-Shorter steerer tube, without the excess metal it cuts down weight.
-Shorter legs, again less metal less weight.
-Shorter leverage also makes it light but gives less strain, for more strength

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
^^^haha

people are buzzing over it, it's not anything I would want in a bmx set up. I could understand Cru's thoughts that it's a joke, but hey you never know. The only thing that would make me think it's a joke is the forks. The frame is believable even though I don't like it, especially the damn integrated seat post.

TortugaTonta

Monkey
Aug 27, 2008
ha! You can tell we are all old and set in our ways on this forum.

On one hand I give them credit for trying to make there stuff better, but on the other hand. . . whats the point?

Ok, make the front of the bike lower and a little lighter, so now you need taller heavier bars, whats the point?

The rear drop outs, ok maybe a couple people could benefit, again whats the point?

The seat thingy, kids don't even need that thing, just make it like a trials bike with a little platform.

Its really just like xc mtb, make new "standards" to make kids believe their stuff is obsolete and they need a new bike.

whatever, is it May yet??

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
I agree, but its been done before. Sunday had it on the Schwartz signature model. Doesn't make it any less cool though!
i think its funny BikeSATORI unveiled his usb molly with integrated pivotal on ridemonkey before Sunday showed the ian frame. greg melms (where you at?) hooked his frame up. same with cru and liquid bike co. haha ridemonkey doin big things!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
i think its funny BikeSATORI unveiled his usb molly with integrated pivotal on ridemonkey before Sunday showed the ian frame. greg melms (where you at?) hooked his frame up. same with cru and liquid bike co. haha ridemonkey doin big things!
Never saw the USB molly, but I like the integrated pivotal. I really wanna see it on more frames.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
The integrated post mod was done before Ian's and Satori's frame. I think it's a clean look but as a rider I don't like my seat that low.