Quantcast

Saddles what do you like?

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I've been riding Specialized Phenom Gels for 2 years, but I want to try something different... I'd buy another Phenom, but they always fail in the exact same way.

Everyone list your favorite saddle. I know its a personal thing... just seeing what people like. I've had success with lots of different saddles over the years, Specialized, WTB, Selle Italia, Terry, Titec.

Last edited:

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Best saddle ever was the WTB SST2K. I was sad when it finally gave up the ghost. I got a WTB Silverado for my road bike and was thinking of getting another for the MTB.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Best saddle ever was the WTB SST2K. I was sad when it finally gave up the ghost. I got a WTB Silverado for my road bike and was thinking of getting another for the MTB.
The Rocket feels pretty similar, albeit a little narrower. The key thing for me as that it really be properly saddle shaped, i.e. a curved top with a dip in the middle, as opposed to being flat.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I got a cheap nashbar saddle that is gel with a cut out portion for my choad. out of the whole bucket of saddles I got, it is the most comfy.

My junk still falls a sleep on long rides though. :think:

nelsonjm

Monkey
Feb 16, 2007
Columbia, MD
SDG Bel-air line is quite nice and seems to be durable too from the numerous dh crashes that have tested it. If you get one, don't get one with a fuzzy/cloth pattern.. go with leather. The reason being when it rains, the non leather materials soak up water and take a long time to dry.

I've always wanted to try an Azonic Loveseat, but I can't justify why other than looks.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
selle italia...anything. I run a shiver on my DH and something else on my trail/hardtail. Those have consistently treated me the best, thought I would consider a WTB as well.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
whatever is in my parts bin that ain't broke. rundown of currently functioning saddles:

-kink pivotal
-sdg bel air
-some wtb/yeti atrocity
-80's era selle italia on my road bike
-some koski engineering saddle on the slalom bike.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
All the WTB saddles have hurt my ass real bad. I've had great luck with specialized saddles, though they tend to wear out and start flexing to the seat clamp.......

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I don't know... I think it is rather effed up that I can prolly list every part on my bike and cannot for the life of me remember what sadlle I run.....

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Fizik stuff, really like the Gobi on my mountain bike. Arione on the road bike, trying out an Aliante now.

Still can't go wrong with a non-gel Flite though...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
tried one....it was pretty damn comfy. not too great if you ride xc though.
I had one for about a month. The rails were bent after the first 4 or 5 rides. For as stout as it looked, it sure was a piece of crap.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The Titec Berserker DH has a wide nose which fits nicely with my saggy old balls. A little on the heafty side, but plenty of room for the boys to stretch out. Unfortunately I don't think they make it anymore.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
i rode titec for a while until I finally realized they were completely uncomfortable to me.

I had to LOL at the old balls comment. I had a couple of berzerkr DHs and they were well built saddles. I think they were just a little wide at the back.

george

Chimp
Sep 14, 2001
Boston MA
The Titec Berserker DH has a wide nose which fits nicely with my saggy old balls. A little on the heafty side, but plenty of room for the boys to stretch out. Unfortunately I don't think they make it anymore.

Man - that's the saddle for me! Just put the last one I had stashed on my 'xc' bike. Nose has a good shape that you can get on when climbing w/o feeling violated. Anyone know of a good replacement?

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
What's wrong with the Phenom? I've been rocking it on all 3 of my bikes for the last couple of years. Best saddle I've ever tried.
That seam that runs down the side of the nose of the saddle... I always wear the seam out and the saddle cover splits there. Once it splits it's only a matter of time before it starts to wear through my shorts.

Several votes for the Silverado here... I've found a Ti version for pretty cheap.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002

Had this on my Giant AC. This and my yellow flite ti were the longest lasting saddles I've ever owned.

Did a long 3 hour ride one day on the berserker and came to the realization about half way in that it was not a good saddle for anything longer than an hour.

Last edited: