Quantcast

safest way to sell and ship a fork?

dirt-dart

Monkey
Feb 26, 2006
mccall ID/eagle river AK
Hey, there is a guy that wants to buy my 66 that i posted on craigslist for Alaska, but he is from new york, and i haven't had much luck selling it, and i want to get rid of it fast, so i am considering shipping it.

I don't have a pay-pal account and he doesn't either, so i was wondering what is the safest way to sell it to him? i was thinking cod might work, but what if the check he sends bounces?

He uses a Spanish version of hotmail, so his messages are not wrote very well, but they really don't sound at all like the classic scammer ones do, but it makes me suspicious.

Anyone on Ridemonkey know good English and want my fork?

klutch

Monkey
Jan 25, 2007
dirty jersey
check it out. I live in NJ and in my area there is alot of people that only or prefer to only speak spanish.If you go to paypal.com you both can get an account it's free.Then if he is still interested he can buy it then and you don't have to worry about a scam.But some advice, don't ship it until he pays your paypal account,once the money is in then it's yours,then ship. And if he decides that he doesn't want it then you still have an account for the next buyer,be patient it will sell don't rush it cause you will lose it...

greenchris

Turbo Monkey
Jun 24, 2005
DA BEARS.
COD is the best. You can specify when using cod for a personal check or certified/bank check. Just make sure you are only willing to accept a certified check and all is good..

klutch

Monkey
Jan 25, 2007
dirty jersey
COD is the best. You can specify when using cod for a personal check or certified/bank check. Just make sure you are only willing to accept a certified check and all is good..
no way! read anything on scams and you'll see that this is how they do it, if you are going to sell it I strongly suggest paypal