Quantcast

>>>same sh!t different Monderp GMT<<<

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Screw you guys I'm going home.

Fun day yesterday. Had a guy over to cut down a tree and prune some other trees. I cleaved it and it should hopefully be dry enough to burn next fall.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Morning!

After managing to dodge it the first 13 years of my adult life I now must report to the county courthouse for jury duty. Here's to hoping that they for some reason don't like me!

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
My weekend adventure mission was a success. Ended up reaching our destination with 98.5 miles, so we road a mile up the road and back make it an official century. We managed to keep over half of it on dirt by using quite a few ATV trails. A few of them were in pretty rough shape, but were still more fun than tar. This is at mile 52. It was time for some meat snacks and some shed building.

Derp.jpg

Now to work and wish I was pedaling all day.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Went to bed super early last night and now I feel even more tired this morning. Figures.

But the sun is coming out, finally, so things could be worse.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Decided to change out the overhead fluorescent light in the kitchen with a new LED unit on Sunday. Took the old one out, looked at the new one and realized the existing junction box was located at the end of the of the old one and the new one was wired in the center. **sigh** Up into the attic I go - 2hrs. and 3 buckets of sweat later, junction box is relocated, everything rewired, and it's installed. No wonder electricians get paid what they do....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The Cat Puke alarm went off. I can be in a dead sleep and the second my Cat starts making that hurl noise. I am up and racing to the paper towel dispenser in hope she doesn't get scared and finish the Job on my suede sofa or bed...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. I am working from another, remote site today. Upside is that my favorite Thai restaurant is 4 minutes away. It's also nice to have no ringing phone or people coming around, I suppose. Downside is that it took nearly 30 minutes to drive here. Hmph. I'll have to do this 2-3 times per year, so I guess I can deal.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Found a cell phone in the middle of the street last night. It was unlocked and I managed to contact the owner via e-mail. Nice old guy, looked like he was an OG bongshedder.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
'Morning. Survived the weekend. The sleepover went just as the boy wanted. Fart noises until 1:00am for the boys, giggling until the same for the girls. For obvious reasons, we stayed up until all was quiet on the western front, then laid in bed mostly not sleeping, and got up before any of the little shits woke up and started Nerf gun war again. Not sure if dad or the kid was worse for wear yesterday. Yesterday was a lazy day.

Ok, I have a bone to pick with hormones or something. Before I started the property management career I had a miserable time losing weight. I would exercise relentlessly to no avail. I started my job, started running a few times a week, very short (10 -15 min) runs, that was it, and lot it all. after several years, I got rid of 90% of my "fat clothes". Now that I quit, I'm exercising more than ever, and steadily gaining weight. WTF Mother Nature?! I'm thinking rather than a couple longer runs during the week, I'll switch to the more frequent shorter ones and see what happens. Food intake is about the same. Best guess is I need to be stressed out of my gourd to fit back in my work clothes. So stupid. Good news it I am happy to report that I have more muscles again, making the climbs on my bike much easier and more fun!

Also, my dog is furiously barking at absolutely nothing out the front window. I can't get her to stop. Ghosties.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
The cubicle farm neighbor annoyance levels are at DEFCON 5 this morning. The lady in the one behind me is crunching on some sort of granola that sounds like a goat eating rocks, and the lady in front of me is keyboard pounding....loudly. There's an audible sigh - then furious typing....a disgusted "ugh" and then more furious typing.....crunch-crunch....type, type type....crunch-crunch....type-type....

MAKE IT STOP!!!!!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Morning!

After managing to dodge it the first 13 years of my adult life I now must report to the county courthouse for jury duty. Here's to hoping that they for some reason don't like me!
pro tip

do what i do....fall asleep....snore.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
The cubicle farm neighbor annoyance levels are at DEFCON 5 this morning. The lady in the one behind me is crunching on some sort of granola that sounds like a goat eating rocks, and the lady in front of me is keyboard pounding....loudly. There's an audible sigh - then furious typing....a disgusted "ugh" and then more furious typing.....crunch-crunch....type, type type....crunch-crunch....type-type....

MAKE IT STOP!!!!!
Lean over the cubicle wall and just watch her chew. Bitches hate it when you stare at them while they eat...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Morning!

If it's a drug case, just tell them the War on Drugs is an abject failure and that you support the legalization of all illicit drugs and the treatment of their users.

:homer:

French press this morning was really tasty... I'm pretty buzzed at this point.

Fruita was a success - everybody had a good time riding bikes. Now it's probably time to start dealing wtih the talcum-powder like sand/dust that is in EVERTHING.

MAKE IT STOP!!!!!

Last edited:

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Boneheaded employee wakes me with a text at 2:30 am to let me know that he's sick and won't be in. At 7:00. Apparently his sleep is more important than mine.
Dog sees me out of bed and thinks "oh, it's time to get up;" whines to go out, whines to be fed, wants to play. This morning already feels a week long. :dead:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

MAKE IT STOP!!!!!
"I can listen to my music at a reasonable volume..." -Milton

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

I had the most amazing weekend exploring a cute little area I had no idea existed. Rented a cottage on the Long Beach peninsula. It was a short walk to a mostly empty beach that was just amazing. The pooch got to run off lead damn near all weekend. There were a few other dogs staying in the area that she agreed with, so that was also good.

There isn't a whole lot there. Hiked a few lighthouses, saw some amazing views, ate local legit food, and just relaxed. After enjoying the cabin we stayed in and looking at area property, I could see building and running something similar. It wasn't very far away, I think we found a new favorite spot. Quiet and mostly free of people, it was so nice.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Boneheaded employee wakes me with a text at 2:30 am to let me know that he's sick and won't be in. At 7:00. Apparently his sleep is more important than mine.
Dog sees me out of bed and thinks "oh, it's time to get up;" whines to go out, whines to be fed, wants to play. This morning already feels a week long. :dead:
Do Not Disturb mode is your friend.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
'Morning. Survived the weekend. The sleepover went just as the boy wanted. Fart noises until 1:00am for the boys, giggling until the same for the girls. For obvious reasons, we stayed up until all was quiet on the western front, then laid in bed mostly not sleeping, and got up before any of the little shits woke up and started Nerf gun war again. Not sure if dad or the kid was worse for wear yesterday. Yesterday was a lazy day.

Ok, I have a bone to pick with hormones or something. Before I started the property management career I had a miserable time losing weight. I would exercise relentlessly to no avail. I started my job, started running a few times a week, very short (10 -15 min) runs, that was it, and lot it all. after several years, I got rid of 90% of my "fat clothes". Now that I quit, I'm exercising more than ever, and steadily gaining weight. WTF Mother Nature?! I'm thinking rather than a couple longer runs during the week, I'll switch to the more frequent shorter ones and see what happens. Food intake is about the same. Best guess is I need to be stressed out of my gourd to fit back in my work clothes. So stupid. Good news it I am happy to report that I have more muscles again, making the climbs on my bike much easier and more fun!

Also, my dog is furiously barking at absolutely nothing out the front window. I can't get her to stop. Ghosties.
When I used to do a lot of long distance riding I would actually gain weight. My apetite went through the roof but my metabolism slowed down so much (resting heard rate in the high 30s) I wouldn't burn calories unless I was riding. I'd then dump a bunch of weight in the winter when duration went down but intensity went up.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Outdoor rock climbing with Haley yesterday. It was super fun and went really well. The monkey continues. Quick evening ride too. All she wants to do is climb, ride, and can't wait to go ski. to hell with soccer, she wants to be and outside kid. I'll get some pics once I can upload them to Google.

Lots of packing and moving prep too. Inside is well over 50% packed, garage is wild. I hope to have the rest of the basement and upstairs packed by Friday, then can spend the weekend on the garage. Inspection is tomorrow, so I will be able to start heavy loading the basement afterwards. That will allow me to move the inside stuff currently stashed in the garage back to the basement, so I can move things around the garage and pack accordingly.

Replaced some kitchen plumbing late last night to clean up what was there after Wifey went with the 'if the door doesn't shut, push harder' method of hiding stuff and shifted some pipes. Always fun replacing kitchen and disposal pipes.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Did some back of a napkin calculations and it looks like I am on pace to get a monstrous tax refund this year. I dialed my W-4 last year to cover capitol gains from selling my house that I had also rented out. I failed to correct this and now I am in the opposite situation with a large deduction from buying a house. By my calculations I don't actually need to pay taxes for the rest of the year. I need to confirm said calculations and see what I can do to minimize my payments, would much rather have that money now than later. The real good news is that unless the Republicans really screw up tax reform I should be getting a few extra Benjamins in each paycheck.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Mornin Yall. Had a great weekend in nature to finish off a great week.

it looks like I am on pace to get a monstrous tax refund this year.
Hopefully i get my full refund. Switched state of residence because the last 2 years in a row, the state took will over $300 dollars because they failed to take enough from me @$85

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I just got an email for free Chipotle for lunch from the boss. Fuck yeah! I'm all about free lunch.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Maybe you're just big boned ?

Sounds like you're packing on muscle mass which can increase your weight. Stop using the scale. Pick out a favorite pair of shorts or pants that you don't wear often to check changes to the fit. Scales and numbers can be discouraging.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
The Thai joint advertises their spice level as "Choose a spice Level: American 0 to 7, Thai Mild, Thai Medium or Thai Hot". Usually we get American mild, 1, for the kids. I picked Thai Medium today.

The waitress informed me Thai Medium is about a 20 on their American scale. I'd probably dial it back to a 15 or 18 on that scale next time, but oh was it good...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
The Thai joint advertises their spice level as "Choose a spice Level: American 0 to 7, Thai Mild, Thai Medium or Thai Hot". Usually we get American mild, 1, for the kids. I picked Thai Medium today.

The waitress informed me Thai Medium is about a 20 on their American scale. I'd probably dial it back to a 15 or 18 on that scale next time, but oh was it good...
I like that level of detail. It is so disappointing when you ask for hot, only for it to really be mild.

The new shawarma place I've been going to need a more granular spice level scale. Their medium is pretty tame, but their hot is toilet gripping hawttttt. They need a level between the two and it has been the same for a bunch of orders so far.