Quantcast

>>>same sh!t different Monderp GMT<<<

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good news it I am happy to report that I have more muscles again, making the climbs on my bike much easier and more fun!
I have found that running improves my biking, but biking doesn't do shit for my running. As far the weight issue goes, are you mixing up your runs? Doing some harder than others, doing some intervals, etc? If you are just running easy miles all the time, your body is going to get used to it and become more efficient at it.

And good morning to all the rest of you lovelies!

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
It was time for some meat snacks and some shed building.

View attachment 126816
That man looks like he knows his way around a bongshed!!

Now that I quit, I'm exercising more than ever, and steadily gaining weight. WTF Mother Nature?! I'm thinking rather than a couple longer runs during the week, I'll switch to the more frequent shorter ones and see what happens. Food intake is about the same. Best guess is I need to be stressed out of my gourd to fit back in my work clothes. So stupid. Good news it I am happy to report that I have more muscles again, making the climbs on my bike much easier and more fun!

Also, my dog is furiously barking at absolutely nothing out the front window. I can't get her to stop. Ghosties.
Maybe you're just big boned ?

Sounds like you're packing on muscle mass which can increase your weight. Stop using the scale. Pick out a favorite pair of shorts or pants that you don't wear often to check changes to the fit. Scales and numbers can be discouraging.
What he said. Have a goal look, not a goal weight. Who cares what the scale says if you look good.

Additionally most active people will lose more fat from strength training than cardio. Cardio burns calories during exercise but strength training burns calories during exercise and increases muscle mass which increases your resting caloric consumption (muscle mass consumes calories during rest so for any extra muscle you put on you get a metabolism boost). If you want to run, short intense runs like hill climbs or sprints are much more efficient for burning calories than long runs. But if you ride your bike once a week that's probably all the cardio you need.

And if you're one of those girls who's afraid to get "bulky", don't worry about it. You have to try really hard to get bulky. It doesn't just happen by accident after doing a few squats.

PS

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
@skibunny24

The fellas have already said what I was thinking, so I will add... If it truly bothers you. Go see your doctor, and have them find out what your actual body fat percentage is. From the sounds of it you will be pleasantly surprised to find out you are putting on more lean muscle

Or...... You could just go full ride monkey style and post up pics and we will give you a full evaluation......

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Soooo, serious for a moment.... Last night at work, my night started off with headcou t, and finding an inmate face down on the floor of his cell covered in spilled coffee and urine and none responsive.
Called for a second to join me at the door before we went in, started talking when we went in..... Turns out he was faking it. Still, no matter how many times I have come across such a sight in my life, I still get the "damnit, I'm gonna have to explain this" feeling....

When I used to do a lot of long distance riding I would actually gain weight. My apetite went through the roof but my metabolism slowed down so much (resting heard rate in the high 30s) I wouldn't burn calories unless I was riding. I'd then dump a bunch of weight in the winter when duration went down but intensity went up.
I tend to drop weight during periods of intense exercise, then pick it up fairly rapidly during recovery. The difference can be five pounds or so.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Thanks for all the ideas!

My main goal would be fitting into my work wardrobe. My clothes are suddenly so tight I leaned over and ripped my flannel last night. I do look at the scale for reference, but am more concerned about splitting the seat of my pants at an interview! Most of my weight goes to my boobs and butt and I bulk up quick, so now I'm getting super defined legs and arms. I'd rather keep the muscles and boobs and lose the skinny stress anyway!

I do a different run every time I go, but I could mix in some HIIT or something, I do yoga for (body)weight training since I don't really need a lot to build muscle. It's all fun and I'm really glad to have the time to do it all right now! And, I'm pretty sure I'm drinking moar beer than before... wait, maybe that's the problem!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
but am more concerned about splitting the seat of my pants at an interview!
This might be the best tactical step to get you hired (if the hiring manager is into chicks).

I was supposed to acquire another piece of Ti hardware for my lower jaw but instead, I lost another failed root canal right next to it. That means in January, I'll have to acquire a pair of Ti pieces of hardware for the cost of a nice crabon frame. To compensate for this loss, I've ordered a dentist crabon crankset.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
The Thai joint advertises their spice level as "Choose a spice Level: American 0 to 7, Thai Mild, Thai Medium or Thai Hot". Usually we get American mild, 1, for the kids. I picked Thai Medium today.

The waitress informed me Thai Medium is about a 20 on their American scale. I'd probably dial it back to a 15 or 18 on that scale next time, but oh was it good...
I always ask for thai hot and a dish of Nom Prik Nom Pla. Usually I have to go there a few times before they take me seriously. One waitress taught me a thai phrase to ask for more heat. Can't remember it well enough to not butcher it.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
first collections board meeting done. exhibition install of contemporary mexican photography started. some long-put-off emails sent. others drafted. wife leaves for work trip for the rest of the work week tomorrow. fun dad activites being considered. camping trip this weekend being planned. porters being consumed. ground bee stings from yesterday's hike receding. life bumps along...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Outdoor rock climbing with Haley yesterday. It was super fun and went really well. The monkey continues. Quick evening ride too. All she wants to do is climb, ride, and can't wait to go ski. to hell with soccer, she wants to be and outside kid. I'll get some pics once I can upload them to Google.

Lots of packing and moving prep too. Inside is well over 50% packed, garage is wild. I hope to have the rest of the basement and upstairs packed by Friday, then can spend the weekend on the garage. Inspection is tomorrow, so I will be able to start heavy loading the basement afterwards. That will allow me to move the inside stuff currently stashed in the garage back to the basement, so I can move things around the garage and pack accordingly.

Replaced some kitchen plumbing late last night to clean up what was there after Wifey went with the 'if the door doesn't shut, push harder' method of hiding stuff and shifted some pipes. Always fun replacing kitchen and disposal pipes.
Pictures from the weekend:
Haley climb1.jpg
Haley climb2.jpg
Haley climb3.jpg