Quantcast

Sandhill getting sued?!?!?!

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
I was at Sand Hill on Sunday (first time, wow what a cool place!). I talked to the owners a bit and asked them about the lawsuit. It sounds like they are going to arbitration in January, and hopefully will get an out-of-court settlement that will allow them to stay open. If they do go to trial it sounds like it might be the legal costs that are the issue, not whether the guy's argument actually holds any water. In any case, if they do have to close, it will be the whole thing, not just the moto track. It really sucks because they seem to be really nice people, doing this for the love of the sport as a family business. I asked if there was anything we could do but it didn't sound like it. Maybe any lawyers in the audience with ideas might want to contact them directly. Otherwise I say just get out there as much as possible between now and Jan and give those $10 donations! :) BTW it looks like if they do stay open, they plan on having races again in Feb.

bikeninja

Chimp
Mar 1, 2004
Santa Cruz
Calabazas, Soquel Demo, Sandhill, Snow Summit, The De La trails, Vans got bought out and no more shuttling the UC from Hwy 9!?!?! :angry: :mumble: Jesus what's next, "All Bicycles will be banned forever because they are not in the X-Games- therfore they serve no purpose whatsoever!"