Quantcast

Santa Barbaraaaaaa

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
The dirtjumps (Ellwood) will be trashed from the rain.
Tunnel should be good to go, so will Cold Springs.
Knapps....could be pretty greasy, not sure.

I'll be doing the shuttle thing on Saturday, let me know if you want to meet up.

Sunday I'll be working on the Firestone DH course (woohoo!)

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
Zark said:
The dirtjumps (Ellwood) will be trashed from the rain.
Tunnel should be good to go, so will Cold Springs.
Knapps....could be pretty greasy, not sure.

I'll be doing the shuttle thing on Saturday, let me know if you want to meet up.

Sunday I'll be working on the Firestone DH course (woohoo!)
Weather permitting; I would love to do some SB runs this weekend. I haven’t been up there in months, and I need a fix!

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I'll be hitting cold springs both saturday and sunday mornings. I have to be at work early both days, so early riding is a must, but if you want to come with you're more than welcome.

Mar 9, 2005
SJCx3, CA
Yeah, I think we are going to skatepark it up in the mornings so that the sk8ers don't kick us out. And then colsprings and knapps and tunnel for the rest of the day. But that is just the word on the streets!

be-radd

Chimp
May 31, 2004
O-town
what skatepark are you hitting up, i did not know of any in the area. count me in on any shuttle runs i have a car we can fit a couple bikes and people in.

Mar 9, 2005
SJCx3, CA
Hey buddy, You're down to go right? Oh, and whats all the research on Micheal Jackson's place for? You planning on going there this summer? Is Bombshell going to pay? I'm sure they will have many Skidding boofaays there too!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
be-radd said:
what skatepark are you hitting up, i did not know of any in the area. count me in on any shuttle runs i have a car we can fit a couple bikes and people in.
Theres the Santa Barbara skatepark, Skaters point. To ride there, you have to go early in the morning on weekdays to minimize the chance of getting caught by a cop.

http://www.santabarbaraca.gov/Teens/Skaters_point/Skaters_point.htm

There is one in the park in Solvang, but its fenced and open only certain hours. Bikes aren't legally allowed. You could hop over at night, but it would be kind of hard.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sleepersawake/sets/152933/ [that site wouldn't let me link w/ img tags]

IntensedhRider said:
Hey buddy, You're down to go right? Oh, and whats all the research on Micheal Jackson's place for? You planning on going there this summer? Is Bombshell going to pay? I'm sure they will have many Skidding boofaays there too!
Brian, you can hate all you want. When you spit your hate, at first I feel like coming back at ya w/ my hot fire, but then I remember of your pretty hair and give you a break.

I left you a message. 2morrow 3pm?

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
How are the wireless networks in santa barbara? is there an innernet connection all the way down the trails? I think I am down to go if there is room, but I need a bike!

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
merrrrjig said:
How are the wireless networks in santa barbara? is there an innernet connection all the way down the trails? I think I am down to go if there is room, but I need a bike!
Westley, you can rock the foctory Iron Hoser if you don't mind a couple minutes worth of work putting in back together.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Its raining here, in SB. Cold springs would be fun in the rain. Does anyone want to urban ride in the Santa Ynez valley? I know where some fun stuff is.

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
mtnbrider said:
Its raining here, in SB. Cold springs would be fun in the rain. Does anyone want to urban ride in the Santa Ynez valley? I know where some fun stuff is.
Saturday or Sunday?

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
I dunno what I am talking about :)

I am at UCLA now, without my bike, and I have not ridden in SB. I was thinking about going home and getting my bike, but it may not be worth it because of the weather (among other things).

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
Brazilian downhiller said:
Are you kids made of sugar and melt in the rain?! Brian, check your phone! I called around 10pm, probably past your bed time.
Westley, same shlt for you, get Negrodamus' bike and let's go skidding.
Hey, there is sugar in chocolate and candy. I wouldn't want to be out there and have my candy melt.

Alfonso said:
I have not ridden in damp conditions since the East coast NORBAs, but that was not damp....that was a quagmire.
What's with the huge words there buddy. If that isn't an ingredient on some hair conditioner, then there are going to be a couple mopheads that will not be able to understan what you're saying.

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
don't ride on our trails after it has rained for a couple of days. You will cause trail erosion, and damage. Which will be blamed on all the local riders and cause more conflict between DHer's and Hikers on the trails. Especially the front country trails and knapps. Both are heavily hiked apon in the morning. Plan this trip for next weekend, but pls do not go after rain fall, It will just cause problems that many are trying very hard to fix.

Thank you for taking this into account.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
bjanga said:
I dunno what I am talking about :)

I am at UCLA now, without my bike, and I have not ridden in SB. I was thinking about going home and getting my bike, but it may not be worth it because of the weather (among other things).
haha, wheres your bike. On sunday morning, i think i will work on the Frestone DH course, then urban ride through the valley.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Yeah, its been raining quite a bit today and last night....and again on Monday. Pretty much a bad weekend to ride in S.B. ,so go ride somewhere else.

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
mtnbrider said:
haha, wheres your bike. On sunday morning, i think i will work on the Frestone DH course, then urban ride through the valley.
My bike is in SD . . . if a sunday ride was coming together I could go pick it up, but it looks like its going to be all rainy and mushy. I might try and do some trailriding in SD on sunday depending on how wet (dry?) it is. I need some warm-up for Urban rippage, I havent bashed concrete in forever.

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
We got four runs in on Thursday. Conditions then were damn near perfect; a bit damp at the top, kept you honest and off the brakes. And no erosion here, I run slicks... NOTE: bell box was full, compliments of SSFTA:thumb: . Two of the six hikers that we failed to maim thanked us for using noise makers.

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
Awesome weekend.
TRuly one of the better riding weekends I have had in a long time. Although I was quite indecisive whether or not to ride("Stay away" posts and weather conditions) I’m glad we all decided to go. The conditions were perfect and there was hardly any mud on the trails(mainly near the top). I must say however, the trail "politics" are a bit extreme, not only from the hikers but from the locals as well......quite humorous

All things aside, this weekend was one of the best weekends of riding I have had in a long time, makes me happy I started mountainbiking.:trophy_br

konabiker

Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Santa Barbara
Fonzie18 said:
Awesome weekend.
TRuly one of the better riding weekends I have had in a long time. Although I was quite indecisive whether or not to ride("Stay away" posts and weather conditions) I’m glad we all decided to go. The conditions were perfect and there was hardly any mud on the trails(mainly near the top). I must say however, the trail "politics" are a bit extreme, not only from the hikers but from the locals as well......quite humorous

All things aside, this weekend was one of the best weekends of riding I have had in a long time, makes me happy I started mountainbiking.:trophy_br
Did I drive by you at the fire station? We were in a Montero with a sportworks on the back.

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
Fonzie18 said:
I felt the same way about my day in SB... I was getting burned out on 2-4 minute dh runs, pedal, shuttle, push, repeat.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
When we were out at 10 I saw a Toyota loaded with DH bikes, an Element whith a guy in a SRC jersey on, and a extended cab chevy with the bed that's been bobbed with 4-5 bikes tied to it. I was thinking there was something going on I was missing (like a race LOL).

It wasn't a bad weekend. Much better than everyone thought I imagine. Still kinda cold out though.

Glad you guys had fun! Was it all of you with the bikes?

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
Spunger said:
When we were out at 10 I saw a Toyota loaded with DH bikes, an Element whith a guy in a SRC jersey on, and a extended cab chevy with the bed that's been bobbed with 4-5 bikes tied to it. I was thinking there was something going on I was missing (like a race LOL).

It wasn't a bad weekend. Much better than everyone thought I imagine. Still kinda cold out though.

Glad you guys had fun! Was it all of you with the bikes?
There were several groups up there. The Element and a Titan were the Downfast guys. There was a dark chevy that was shuttling Duncan and some other kid (forgot his name) and of course our group, my LOADED F-150 followed by the Toaster (Scion). We had our team mom shuttling in my truck followed by the peice of burnt toast (Sanjay) in the Scion Box.