Quantcast

Saturday Feb 10th - Carolina Mountains?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
You woulda thought he would of learned after the whole MonkeyFest debacle where he called out everyone and their brother for shuttling illegal trails, when in fact we were all having a jolly time on the legal ones.

Its hard to talk with your foot in your mouth, but typing is another story. :pirate2:

So who is shuttling this weekend? :monkeydance:
Yep, its funny that ended up that way. I am just pissed that I have to defend myself online because of the things he is saying that is not true. I think he feels that if everyone out there thought bad of me like they do him for always opening his mouth where he doesn't need too things would be better. He doesn't realize that most of us let most of the things he says go and just move on because we have just accepted the way he is. I am fine with that and can get over some of the dumb things he says. But bad mouthing me and saying I talked people into doing something I didn't to make me look bad is just wrong. This has made me so mad that I would love to just put a foot in his face, but I am not that guy to do that. Others will do that as they already tried the other weekend. I personally have liked the guy for a long time as a friend and felt bad for him the other weekend and the things that followed. Now he is making me not feel so bad for him.

For those that have had to put up with this thread I am sorry. This could of been solved over the phone very easily and it would have never gone this far, but he will never take a call from me or call me back. Please understand that if someone start stating thing about you that were not true because he didn't know all the facts and just wants to look like the good guy here, you would be doing the same as I am now.

Once again sorry guys.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Bottom line: You picked the trail.

And in regards to blaming the FS for no signage? When they make readily available trail maps of every segment of the Forest available to ALL of us at EVERY bike and outdoor shop in WNC? Copout.

Plus, there is a trailmap at the campground at the bottom. There is another trailmap at the Trace Ridge parking area. I also know there was a sign at the bottom of that trail that you saw the first time you rode it that indicated NO BIKES.

And Rob...come on. You still not over that?

Lastly, if every trail intersection in Pisgah had a clearly marked sign on it...we'd be in a perfect world with zero emissions. ha hah

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
This has made me so mad that I would love to just put a foot in his face, but I am not that guy to do that. Others will do that as they already tried the other weekend. .
You're welcome to anytime. And you'll wind up in the ditch just like him. I still owe you for lots of things.

The difference between me and you Cecil is that I'm brutally honest. I'm not telling half truths like you all the time. I don't mislead people like you do. I hate liars. You're always saying some BS lies and tricking people.

People always feel sorry for you because you play the "Poor Me" card. Not me. I can't trust you....

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Bottom line: You picked the trail
In deed I will admit to suggesting the trail, yes. Pick it, no.
Once again and I really don't know how you don't get it, I didn't know the trail was Illegal until we all got there this past weekend.
Second I did say I didn't hood a gun to there heads and made them ride it. They choose to do it on there own free will 8 times.
Third, the whole map thing is a way to make you look right. How many people really look or keep maps on them? I know some do, but very few.
Fourth, the top of the trail where we started was not marked at all. That made it unclear if the Trail was Illegal or not.

If you were there you would of rode it too out of your free well just like the other 8 guys did that day. And for you saying I had something to do with Illegal riding in the past is just telling on yourself as just about every shuttle run I have done up there was with you at one time in the past. Stop pointing fingers man..... Have I ever done that to you? No!! Only because I did have respect for you. Now I really don't anymore.

So all I am asking of you is to know your facts before blaming just one person on the whole thing. Bottom line is we know the trail is Illegal now and we will not ride it again.

Jun 11, 2004
I quit. If you guys wanna hang out I will be at the river.

Do you have an extra kayak for me? :shocked: If you do call me......because I quit the internet!

I heard George Clooney is in the Greenville area shooting a movie. I'm gonna print this thread out and try to present it to him for a possible future script in a major motion picutre! This has everything we need. A main story line...........and even evil subplots to keep the audience glued to their seats............I'm gonna be RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**DISCLAIMER** For those keeping score at home........this is just me making a lame attempt to try to lighten things up.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
You're welcome to anytime. And you'll wind up in the ditch just like him. I still owe you for lots of things.

The difference between me and you Cecil is that I'm brutally honest. I'm not telling half truths like you all the time. I don't mislead people like you do. I hate liars. You're always saying some BS lies and tricking people.

People always feel sorry for you because you play the "Poor Me" card. Not me. I can't trust you....
Like said I am not the one for picking fights. Others will do that. All I said is you make me feel like wanting too. I don't like to feel that way!!!!! As for what do you owe me for I have not idea? You will never tell me anything or ever speak to me, unless you want something out of me. Instead you have to air it out on the web. Who the F does that? As for being a liar, when have you not lied in your life? We all have at one point in time. That is not who I am...... I don't trick people into do anything. I ask them and if they don't want to do something I ask of, then its fine with me. I like everyone to agree on the same things. Makes a better life for everyone and we don't have to deal with this BS that you are trying to make out as a big thing and my entire fault. Like I said before I never made anyone ride that trail. They wanted and did it own thier own. I am sick of having to defind myself from your statments........

Oct 9, 2006
Kayak...you cant kayak because you remember that time that you said that thing about me and kayaks and it was all fabricationed and lies. So stay off the rivers because they are illegal and damn it we havent seen any good pics of you lately Dave, has nobody been carrying a camera that Dave can get in front of?

Wanna go to that drop this weekend Dave? You know the one I am talking about, I was thinking a camera or two and a good time. Is the Demo back together yet?
I will be up this weekend but floating around because Bo is gone and my mountain house is occupied. Call me!

Oct 9, 2006
Its not right off the hwy. Its right off the on ramp...and with my massive mini bus van blocking the way you will never see the car coming in the first place... besides its good to go with plenty of time to stop before vehicle bike interaction.

Showdown will be friday afternoon...Who can throw the raddest trick off the drop....anything will count for points and the bigger the better..crashes/dabs and wobbles will be negative points.

So we know where everybody wont be riding this weekend...how about where will everyone be riding?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Speaking of that!!! We all should look into helping Wolf build there trails. Lift runs and no one has to run a Illegal trails. Any word on whats going on up there. I am welling to put some time in there for a build day. Anyone else. I can call Johnny up there and ask.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
We didn't have Windrock until a few got off their kesteers and built it.
Yeah, but look at the land Joey and others were given the opportunity to build on. In NC we're pretty much dealing with state forest. Its not that easy. I also live in Charlotte, which is almost a 2 hour drive just to wilsons.

Whats really pathetic is Joey tells me only 1 other local has really dedicated any time to building up at windrock this winter. If I lived that close to a place like that, you can bet your a$$ I would be there helping all winter.

Oct 9, 2006
We talked to a guy named Josh up at the Wolf and he told us a few things, didnt seem super enthusiastic about it, he told us the hired some fella to build the trails and that he is some kinda pro trail builder. All the trails will be on the new side of the mountain where the snowboard park is and not many if any trails in the wood because that is all private property sold to new home owners. So it sounds like it could be fairly lackluster but if they decide to do it right I reckon it could be pretty fun, just don't expect another Snowshoe and definately dont look for another Windrock. I think the trail builders last name may be Taylor or Hayes cant remember.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
Yeah, but look at the land Joey and others were given the opportunity to build on. In NC we're pretty much dealing with state forest. Its not that easy. I also live in Charlotte, which is almost a 2 hour drive just to wilsons.

Whats really pathetic is Joey tells me only 1 other local has really dedicated any time to building up at windrock this winter. If I lived that close to a place like that, you can bet your a$$ I would be there helping all winter.

Joey wasn't given land. He made it happen. He developed a relationship with a land owner and made DHers a user group.

Why you NC guys haven't done that at Sugar, Wolf, or any of the other lift areas is beyond me.

Joey has his trail crew just the way he likes it.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Joey wasn't given land. He made it happen. He developed a relationship with a land owner and made DHers a user group.

Why you NC guys haven't done that at Sugar, Wolf, or any of the other lift areas is beyond me.

People have talked to Sugar and Wolf about this.

And the Coal Creek Mining area is ALOT different than a ski resort.

Also, after discussing this winters building up there, he sounded pretty disappointed to me about the lack of help.

One more thing, go back and read my post, I said "given the opportunity", not given land.

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC

There's a good chance there will be things happening at sugar once the snow melts. The connections are in the works, and there are hard working locals, it just has to happen.

Oct 9, 2006
Ryan Taylor...thats the guy. That Josh guy made it sound like a money thing, he mentioned the fact that Snowshoe has dumped TONS of money into their program and they dont plan on doing that at Wolf. BUt if they were smart they would because in a few years, that place could be a year round Mtb resort with the lack of snow we have been getting recently and the rising global temperatures. Could be that giant SMUG cloud that is hovering over Asheville...(I hear people like the smell of their own farts there)

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
People have talked to Sugar and Wolf about this.

And the Coal Creek Mining area is ALOT different than a ski resort.

Also, after discussing this winters building up there, he sounded pretty disappointed to me about the lack of help.

One more thing, go back and read my post, I said "given the opportunity", not given land.

Still, he wasn't given anything. Joey has made it all happen out of time and persistence. He goes to monthly board meetings and makes a point to always talk to the important Coal Creek uppers when given the chance. And it didn't happen over night. He has worked hard to make Windrock what it is.

JeffKill

Monkey
Jun 21, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Still, he wasn't given anything. Joey has made it all happen out of time and persistence. He goes to monthly board meetings and makes a point to always talk to the important Coal Creek uppers when given the chance. And it didn't happen over night. He has worked hard to make Windrock what it is.
hahaha. You can take what I said 10 different ways if you really wanted to. But after he convinced the "uppers" at Coal Creek to let him build there, he was GIVEN AN OPPORTUNITY to do so. That is all I meant by saying that. I never tried to undermind all the hard work Joey has done to make that place what it is.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Ryan Taylor...thats the guy. That Josh guy made it sound like a money thing, he mentioned the fact that Snowshoe has dumped TONS of money into their program and they dont plan on doing that at Wolf. BUt if they were smart they would because in a few years, that place could be a year round Mtb resort with the lack of snow we have been getting recently and the rising global temperatures. Could be that giant SMUG cloud that is hovering over Asheville...(I hear people like the smell of their own farts there)
Like I said I will call Wolf and let them know there are locals that will come up and build if they will let us. I know of 6 guys right now that would give some time in up there. Thats free to them as long as we have a place to ride like that. One person will not be able to get that place in shape that fast for summer.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
WOLF LAUREL:

I'm meeting with them on a "consultant" basis next week and sitting down with the new majority owner and his group to give them some insights, feedback, ideas, etc.

In regards to Ryan Taylor and his role up there, Someone should ask him to find out. All I I know is that Ryan has been very proactive in pursuing making it his full time gig but that's about it. I'd be fine with it.

But I did have one question? Where has Ryan worked on trails at? And since this is the e-world, I have to issue disclaimers that I am not questioning his ability and background. Just never crossed paths with him while digging DH runs over the years. I know Stiles did alot of stuff with IMBA but he's the only guy besides the ones I've asked to help out from time to time building DH stuff. Obviously I trust him, just was surprised at first.

Basicly, Wolf wants to become a 4 season resort with a bike program, rentals, camps, etc. They haven't decided the full extent of what all they're going to do, but they want it to get off the ground soon. They're not looking to pay an outside company to run it like Diablo. They want control over it so they can budget, plan, control, grow, profit.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
We've been working on sugar for a while now. Just waiting for spring to roll around to get started.
I'm fed up with Sugar. I scouted that place out one weekend after getting Kim's permission to check it out. I then submitted a detailed overlay on their new map of where I would cut a DH trail from the top. She and their staff OK'ed it.

I took crews up there, volunteers mind you, and we cut the current pro course up top. We didn't do anything other than clear the path out...no real building or shaping at all. The top drop we just cleared a path to. A few weeks later, she shut us down and said it was too dangerous and we couldn't ride it or race it.

Then, I find out she's gonna use the upper part for the National. I told her it wasn't ready and had to be worked on. She said she'd have "her people" finish it out. The did nothing to it. They dumped a bucket of gravel at the base of the top drop and dumped a bucket of gravel at the base fo the boulder and one on top of Donovans Dungeon.

They didn't cut an entrance to the top drop. widen it or knock off the spine rock like I said had to be done. So the weekend before, a bunch of the Iron Horse crew and the local Morewood guys went up there and spent all day patching what they never even touched.

I've asked her countless times to allow me to put on another event up there and she refuses, even though their lifts are running anyway and I'd supply my own staff. Now I find out she's running a collegiate event after telling me they would only run one event a year there.

Waffle.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
I'm fed up with Sugar. I scouted that place out one weekend after getting Kim's permission to check it out. I then submitted a detailed overlay on their new map of where I would cut a DH trail from the top. She and their staff OK'ed it.

I took crews up there, volunteers mind you, and we cut the current pro course up top. We didn't do anything other than clear the path out...no real building or shaping at all. The top drop we just cleared a path to. A few weeks later, she shut us down and said it was too dangerous and we couldn't ride it or race it.

Then, I find out she's gonna use the upper part for the National. I told her it wasn't ready and had to be worked on. She said she'd have "her people" finish it out. The did nothing to it. They dumped a bucket of gravel at the base of the top drop and dumped a bucket of gravel at the base fo the boulder and one on top of Donovans Dungeon.

They didn't cut an entrance to the top drop. widen it or knock off the spine rock like I said had to be done. So the weekend before, a bunch of the Iron Horse crew and the local Morewood guys went up there and spent all day patching what they never even touched.

I've asked her countless times to allow me to put on another event up there and she refuses, even though their lifts are running anyway and I'd supply my own staff. Now I find out she's running a collegiate event after telling me they would only run one event a year there.

Waffle.
Maybe they just don't like you?

ulockjustice

Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
i heard beech got pissed and closed up shop to bikes because people didnt clean up course tape and such after a MADHRA race several years back.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
i heard beech got pissed and closed up shop to bikes because people didnt clean up course tape and such after a MADHRA race several years back.
You're right and wrong. Cecil, JeremyR, Steve Kaufman, Matt Griffin...anybody involved with MADHRA can back me on this one.

MADHRA was a DH club and we managed to bond a lot of events together and all the venues benefited from a much better attendance and we (again volunteer labor) built and rerouted the course at Beech to get it off slope.

Also, afterwards MADHRA members helped clean the DH course up afterwards. We didn't even have to do that. It was the race organizers responsibility and his staff. His name was Zack.

History lesson on Beech. The guy that made Beech happen for many years was a guy named Mike Green (no relation to me). He ran their ski team in winter and used their ski timing in summer for the DH races. He was a good guy. But Beech has a homeowners association at the top who said he didn't clean up after races. Mike got tired of dealing with it or didn't have time one year.

Zack stepped in and from his bike shop put on an event at Beech. Apparently afterwards, his crew didn't do a clean up job that suited the homeowners and this time didn't suit Beech Mountain Ski Area either.

There were alot of people after that weekend with a very bad taste in their mouth for racing, even though it was our best venue.

But MADHRA...we had nothing to do with the promoter. We just helped cut the DH, advertise it as part of the series and donate some prizes to help the riders out. We didn't put the event on.

:poster_oops:

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Maybe they just don't like you?
is it your job in life to push my buttons?

I hope you're right. I don't want much else to do there. I wasn't even so much as offered a season pass. I got a comped entry fee and that's it. I didn't ask for anything for our work. I always figure if you ask, you don't deserve it in a situation like that.

And yeah, maybe she doesn't like me. She asked Newton, a buddy of mine up there, what to name the sections we laid out..and then named one after him? It would have been honor enough to have busted ass up there that much and get something...anything...named after me. :shocked: