Quantcast

saturday gfmt

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Had falafel for dinner again and it was really satisfying.

Riddle me this:

Why is it when you spend all morning doing all the yard work, bathe the dog, clean the kitchen counter and appliances and then when you say ok to going with them on a unplanned trip to Costco (after they spent the morning riding their horse) and do so and after you get back home they don't understand why you would get irritated when they say why didn't you get to this or that :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
LOL

A friend of ours who lives in LA was rear ended a little over a week ago in the old 99 corolla my partner gave him. Turns out it was francis ford copolla's grandson.

Our friend is an actor (of course) and trains lawyers for courtroom performances. One of his lawyer clients just got 15k for that totalled piece of shit 2 dollar corolla :rofl:

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I often complain about Washington drivers but few things signal incompetence around here as a set of B.C. license plates.

Was driving down a long dirt road to get to a trail today and got stuck behind some Canadian living out their offroad LARPing fantasies. Road got narrow and rather rough. I drove around the rocks and holes, douchebag seemed to be aiming for them. I noticed he had a low tire and tried to get him to pull over by flashing high beams and honking. Which on a narrow road like that you should pull over if you are holding someone up. Of course he didn't. Of course after putting that soft tire into some deep potholes it became a proper flat tire. I kept trying to get him to stop, he kept going, and kept going slower and slower. Eventually he got part of his suspension caught on a rock as he had lost all ground clearance. I got out of the car to try to explain to him what was going on. It took some cajoling to even get him to open his window. He probably thought I was an ax murderer but if he had stopped when I first tried I could have tossed him a can of fix a flat and been on with his day. At a minimum he had a destroyed tire and rim. If he didn't have a spare he was a good 17 miles from cell phone service. I didn't hang around to find out.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
My cousins kids were like that. I got conned into babysitting when they were 10-12 They started acting out when I told them to come into the house for dinner. Little pricks talked back to me so I clunked their heads together put one under each arm and went to the house. used there heads to open the door and proceeded to drop them onto the floor. They threw a tantrum. I said knock it off or get a slap to the ass. Little shits replied "Daddy doesn't do that" I smiled and said I'm your evil uncle and I do and it will hurt. They shut the fuck up at that point

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Unbelievable day of riding DH with my wife. I believe we both conquered some personal milestones and rode our best today. Unfortunately she went down and has a raspberry and is bruised on her leg

The fact that she is riding DH after her previous injuries is something else. Tomorrow is a family day but I think she is wanting to ride Monday.

I have no reservations saying she’s amazing.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Apparently I forgot to post the below this morning, so here's the catch-up too.

Practice ended up being really good. Five of the top eight kids were there and feeding on each other. They all dropped seconds from their times and are within 1sec of each other 1:05-1:06. Haley started at 1:11 and most of the boys around 1:09. During the 5th session, they started actively racing each other - it wasn't just about going fast with each other.

While the parents started packing up, they decided to go out for one more session, run a formation lap, and race the session. They qualified using the prior session's time, Haley fourth. They told all the faster and adult karts ahead of time, so that group went out first and left a gap for them to form and take off. They stayed together for the first 5 laps, but started to get thinned out in traffic. Haley got up to third, down to fifth, and back into fourth. She got her first solid, no questions asked, close and pass by owning the space. She was very confident coming off. Next weekend should be a lot of fun, because they were ripping and will be coming in hot for racing.

We ended up all going out for dinner afterwards. I got to meet the parents better and she got to spend some fun time with the boys. Very much a nice day

Also, the renters watching the whole scene were blown away. That they were going to fast, bump drafting the front straight, the tightness of the passes, etc. Bunch of big, truck driving, manly men were shocked when they found out the group was 6-11y/o.

---
Here. Track to practice for next week's race. Going out with the fast kids, which should be fun.

Last night I emailed the shop owner to see if I could spend an afternoon at the shop getting tutored by one of his guys to make sure that I'm doing all the service and maintenance correctly. Probably take a few hours, which given his labor cost will be a few hundred dollars, but will keep me from making stupid mistakes. We'll be able to focus spent money on tires and Haley's improvements (which is net better for him), than having to fix shit that I break.

I guess being mortgage free was too smart for us.
Umm... Why? Did you move away from Springs at least?

Last edited: