Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
In Miami for meeting--too much free booze last night but woke up to this. I would still rather perish than live in Florida. At least free coffee is exceptional and booze will probably start by noon.
FullSizeRender (8).jpg

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
On ski train to Winter Park. Took it last week and will take it this time plus 5 more times this season in various combinations of 2, 3, and once, 1 people. (Then there's April skiing but no more train.)

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
First trail bike ride since November commencing shortly :banana:

However it hit 80 degrees freedom yesterday, it's not supposed to do that in CO in February...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning Monkies! Weather has turned decidedly spring like, temps next week are projected to be in the mid 50s. With no snow and plenty of wind there is a good possibility that the local trails will be rideable on my days off. At the very least I will get some road miles in. :thumb:

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Little hung over. Power problems on the street so we do not have full power but I was able to make coffee and the wife is toasting muffins in the bedroom so we are surviving :)

I will try to ride my bike this weekend.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Woke up to 3-4" of fresh snow on the ground which I wasn't expecting. Based on the sorry state of our roads, road crews were not expecting it either. Wife got mildly annoyed I disturbed her sleep with the snowblower noise too early. No real plans for today, maayyybeee some snow shoeing.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
buddy said the new loop on ovt is super fun. dark + some ovt would be nice...
All the berms on the new stuff were built by the same guy who built Thuper Awethum. If you ride all of OVT and the extension trails you can easily get in a 3+ hour ride.

I was actually thinking of a ride with much larger hills. Boone is out due to weather. Asheville and Brevard are both going to be in the 70s. Which would make Bent Creek very crowded so that's probably a no.

Could ride Kitzuma and Heartbreaker as an out and back.

Would love to hit Pisgah proper but that's 6 hours of driving.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Did some fly fishing in the park, got charged by elk. Good day

That's not charged by elk, this was charged by elk today. :D They were caught on a fenced road as we headed up and people with a dog were trying to head down.
20170211_152604_resized.jpg

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I took Ruth to Wente Vinyards for Dinner to Celebrate our 17th Wedding Anniversary
https://www.wentevineyards.com/

Appetizers
Bacon Wrapped Rabbit Terrine with Pork Tenderloin Inlay, Pickles, Whole Grain Mustard, Crostini
Caesar Salad, Hearts of Romaine, Garlic Croûtons, Parmigiano - Reggiano

Main Course
Steak Rossini: Filet Mignon, Foie Gras, Tartufata, Potato Gratin, Truffle Demi, Garden Greens
Chicken Fried Quail, Pommes Purée, Broccolini, Cipollini, Buttermilk Dressing, Mustard Greens

Drinks:
NA beer for me and Ruth started with a glass of 2013 Schramsberg, Brut Blanc de Noirs, North Coast 20/76 with the appetizer and 2013 Davies, Pinot Noir, Anderson Valley 20/80 with dinner

Dessert was Organic Salted Caramel Ice Cream with Blueberries

A most excellent meal!

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I took Ruth to Wente Vinyards for Dinner to Celebrate our 17th Wedding Anniversary
https://www.wentevineyards.com/

Appetizers
Bacon Wrapped Rabbit Terrine with Pork Tenderloin Inlay, Pickles, Whole Grain Mustard, Crostini
Caesar Salad, Hearts of Romaine, Garlic Croûtons, Parmigiano - Reggiano

Main Course
Steak Rossini: Filet Mignon, Foie Gras, Tartufata, Potato Gratin, Truffle Demi, Garden Greens
Chicken Fried Quail, Pommes Purée, Broccolini, Cipollini, Buttermilk Dressing, Mustard Greens

Drinks:
NA beer for me and Ruth stated with a glass of 2013 Schramsberg, Brut Blanc de Noirs, North Coast 20/76 with the appetizer and 2013 Davies, Pinot Noir, Anderson Valley 20/80 with dinner

Dessert was Organic Salted Caramel Ice Cream with Blueberries

A most excellent meal!
You had me at Bacon and rabbit terrine. And then you added Pickles for the win... I will be seeking some chicken fried Quail.