Quantcast

>> Saturday GMT <<

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Bit wet and muddy at Palmer. Surprisingly good group ride considering it was six random people only connected because we are all radiologists who work at the same university.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1198326887

It appears we neglected a whole portion of the park.
How many Pivots and S-WORKS in the ride?

Long & exhausting day. Dealing with leaks and rot in ancient wooden gutters, preparing a sash for glazing and painting and a thousand other small chores in between. Found a time for a short ride tough that was memorable for unusually high number of dumb dogs accompanied by even dumber owners. Will bang again tomorrow.

Now dinner of the champions - instant ramen and G&T.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Roll solo.
This is the type of ride I don't do solo. Kinda way out without a lot of folks around, technical, etc. if something goes bad, they'd find you in the springtime.

"big group ride"...those usually make me feel like this: :shakefist::think::panic::mad::fie::confused:

i am so used to riding either solo or with 1-3 others of the same speed/ability/mindset/preparedness level that when you add in too many more it just gets annoying.
Big ride, not big group. Wound up being myself and one other.

Ride #2 after some lunch, @Nick, @Full Trucker up for some Chimpex?
My ride plans were mostly "all day" ride plans. Starting pissing rain on us maybe around Mountain Lion, with Drew Hill and all of White Ranch to go. We were soggy and freezing cold by the time we got down. One of the dumber ideas I've had.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
This is the type of ride I don't do solo. Kinda way out without a lot of folks around, technical, etc. if something goes bad, they'd find you in the springtime.
Riding in the backcountry solo is not ideal, but sometimes it's the only option. All my Pisgah rides in the past few years have started out solo. Occasionally I'll run into someone cool to ride with along the way.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, we went out to listen to the Elk bugle tonight. It was amazing, lots of bugling...but the best part was watching two bucks fight and lock horns. Sorry, no pics.
It was all very primeval...kiddo loved it.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Bit wet and muddy at Palmer. Surprisingly good group ride considering it was six random people only connected because we are all radiologists who work at the same university.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1198326887

It appears we neglected a whole portion of the park.
North side tends to be more technical, except for the top of the mesa, which is unleashed dog/stroller terrain. Both descents behind the stables are fun, with the westward side being more difficult. When I ride from the house I tend to just do a loop around the perimeter of the park. A nice mix of flow and technical, to keep you on your toes.

https://www.strava.com/activities/932114804