Quantcast

***Saturday GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Back to the salt pit. Found out our first Admin passed away thursday morning after a short battle with cancer. She'd been talking about retirement before she was diagnosed. Kind of solidifies the financial path the wife and I are on. I don't want to be stuck working until the inevitable cancer forces me out the door in my last year.

Hell of a way to start the day. :(

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Tired after 14 hours in the salt mines yesterday, with chilly bike commutes on each end.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Sucks Squeeb. I wonder about the dreaded C. most of the Firefighters I know that retired have passed away or are battling it. I often wonder if I am next.

Coffee and oatmeal consumed. waiting for it to get up into the 50s before I head out to ride some trails. Taking the wife to a release party at Steven Kent Winery at 3pm

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Errands all day. Currently waiting for Comcast to take my box back. Apparently I need to wait for a sales rep for 30min to get a hard copy receipt. Fuck Comcast.

Had a 20mim battle with Haley about taking cough medicine. I finally got her to just take the medicine, hit the chocolate syrup as a chaser, then the milk, then move on. Before it was always about mixing in the chocolate and taking a million small sips.

@6thElement I'll get into my parts box tonight

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
@Pesqueeb Fuck Cancer !

This is has been a pretty sucky Christmas season so far. All hopes of buying new bike goodness are lost. I'll be lucky to make rent this month at this rate when I really need to make enough to last through the winter.

And if any of you want to ask me; "how's business?", the answer is; "go hit yourself in the face with a hammer".

/rant

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I ran my 10K today in 40:33, good for a 24 second personal best and 4th place overall finish. I actually lead the race for a couple miles which is something I am not used to, but I knew it wouldn't last because I could hear a couple of guys behind me having a conversation. If you're having a conversation, you are not running hard. Meanwhile, I was at max effort. It was cool though being out front for a little while. I'm happy with my race though. Any day I can run a personal best is a good day.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Probably doing a Chimpex lap at some point if you're interested in joining.
Went shit fuck skiing. Thanks though!

'Morning. I ran my 10K today in 40:33, good for a 24 second personal best and 4th place overall finish. I actually lead the race for a couple miles which is something I am not used to, but I knew it wouldn't last because I could hear a couple of guys behind me having a conversation. If you're having a conversation, you are not running hard. Meanwhile, I was at max effort. It was cool though being out front for a little while. I'm happy with my race though. Any day I can run a personal best is a good day.
Way to go Champ. :thumb:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
As if work wasn't enough stress, ye old stalker is at it again. Now I have to talk to an attorney. Seriously don't have time for this bullshit.

Only getting in one ride a week isn't helping things either. Hopefully the trail will freeze tonight after the snow and remain so tomorrow. Cuz if I don't get to ride this week my head will probably split right down the middle releasing the demons dejour.

Fuck I hate the holidays. Ho, ho, ho mutherfuckers !

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Can't decide what to do tomorrow, groomers or a fat bike ride.
Maybe I'll sleep in till 9:00 and fuck off on the monkey.
(Wifey and kiddo are at a hockey tournament)

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode with a group today, almost 14 miles in a snow storm. Ate shit big time once when a wet root under snow stole my front wheel in a rock garden but I survived. Somehow I managed to stay on my bike most of the time despite the wet snow turning my front wheel into a large sno-ball. A worn DHF WT is not a good winter tire. :hmm:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Remote shocks, fully external to the vehicle, are the new hotness