Quantcast

***Saturdays GMT***

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Yup. Rainy weekend. At the ag museum with my youngest right now, then it's beaver scout hike in the afternoon.

Rainy morning ride is planned for tomorrow.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Just picked up another pair of Five Tens. Still hate driving in downtown Toronto.

Headed back out of the city to do a short easy ride and then meeting up with a buddy for a fun ride on some better trails. He's in his first year of riding trails, but has progressed nicely. Today will be a nice intro to off camber wet roots.

Should be fun. :brows::brows::brows:

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
took kids to chess tournament. decided not to go to durham for 25th HS reunion because both my wife and i felt unmotivated and antisocial. playing with kids in yard for the time being. almost time to fire up the 'ol leaf blower. beers in the fridge...maybe a neighborhood or greenway ride with the 7yo later. he was lusting after the 24" mtn bikes at a shop last night.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Went to work and fixed some things... I love how usually people assume problems occur in the most complicated fashion and ignore the simple, easy, common solutions. I raced home because the spouse was saying she couldn't go on without my presence. Currently being ignored and wondering why I'm not out on the mountain bike.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I decided to not ride this morning. 40 degrees and super foggy didn't feel appetizing.

Instead I put about 6 hours of work into taking my old commuter bike apart, taking everything out of the garage (including off the overhead storage and two large metal racks), pressure washing the floor, and partly assembling my new commuter bike.

Partway through this endeavor I strained a lower back muscle. Not fun, this.

I still need to take the bits of the new bike into my LBS for a bunch of work:

• Press in headset
  • Press on headset race
  • Acquire correct adapter for 160 mm disc for fork and mount it
  • Mount stem and cut new fork's steerer tube
  • Mount road levers, set up brakes with said road levers instead of the XTs dangling on the hoses now, and wrap bar tape
  • Get cassette off and replace freehub body with steel, and do the 54 tooth pawl upgrade while at it
The "get cassette off" bit is because of this example of my apparently beast-like torque:

IMG_6033.JPG

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Great day on the trails. My buddy made survived, though he did have one funny fall back down the hill, while trying to navigate up a very tight and rooty turn.

I'm being told that we have a large group of peeps gathering early tomorrow morning for a ride. And apparently I'm the guide. Okay...then I guess I get to pick which hills we tumble down (and climb back up...).

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Successful Oakland performance, last night. Capacity audience. Well received. Sound was better than rehearsal. Cleared a few ducats, so I'm treating myself to a new distortion pedal. A guy could get used to this.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'd just like to say that it was windy and feckin cold at 9500ft today.

24.5miles, 4700ft and finished the ride in 23F. Neither of us were dressed for that level of cold on the DH back to the car.

Last edited:

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Anniversary this weekend. 6 years and two boys later with the wifey. Tried out a local steakhouse and was pretty legit. Best prime rib I’ve had in a while.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I'm assuming you maschoists pedaled that from home?

Props for a solid ride. Damn.
Negative, definitely drive for riding the whole loop up there. Second time we've ridden it and in no hurry for a 3rd as the middle section Snowshoe Hare linking Mule Deer to ML just doesn't work very well - too much HAB. And having an icy ML yesterday meant there wasn't much reward for most of the climbing effort.

I am interested in a @Full Trucker Panorama Point down shuttle ride though next time he runs it as I can see that being worthwhile apart from the middle gravel section on Drew Hill Rd.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morning. I ran 1:31 in my half marathon yesterday, so the quest to break 90 minutes continues. I actually ran a very good race though and ran the second half faster than the first half, which is something I rarely do. That's how it should be done. I finished 10/209 in my age group and 137/4074 overall. I'll take it! My legs hurt today. It's not the distance...it's the intensity.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Negative, definitely drive for riding the whole loop up there. Second time we've ridden it and in no hurry for a 3rd as the middle section Snowshoe Hare linking Mule Deer to ML just doesn't work very well - too much HAB. And having an icy ML yesterday meant there wasn't much reward for most of the climbing effort.

I am interested in a @Full Trucker Panorama Point down shuttle ride though next time he runs it as I can see that being worthwhile apart from the middle gravel section on Drew Hill Rd.
Pano down includes the Snowshoe Hare stuff. Yes, definitely some HAB on that bit, but worth it if you can get Mountain Lion and Mustang and Longhorn. Otherwise it can be a slog. When I rode it last a few weeks ago we got caught in that pouring ice cold rain... no bueno.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Do you pre-cook your ribs? Are you at liberty to share your rub recipe?
no pre cooking. Indirect heat with charcoal just lining the sides of the webber. none under the ribs themselves. I cook them for 1 hour and 15 minutes turning every 15. I lightly coat with bbq sauce after the first half hour of cooking with just the rub on the ribs.

Last edited: