Quantcast

***Saturday's GMT***

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Oof..... Out last night for wine with wife and friend. Tried a couple neat new places, had too much to eat and probably too much wine. Slept terribly.

Also, two day weekends are teh suck. I can't get shit done and have any free time. How do you people do it?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Did a Rapha ride arranged by the local Rapha Store. It was actually really good. Friendly people and a fun ride even on a very wet Saturday morning. I got a flat and then one more as I forgot to remove the flintstone stuck in the tire. Totally forgot about that one. Btw this is not what I got stuck in my tire

But they are named after this flint stone that my ancestors used to make tools out of thus the stone age. There are flakes of it everywhere on the road.

I actually have a couple of ax heads from that age.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Stayed up late to spot meteorites.
Woken in the night by the strong winds.
Still very windy and cold outside.
Not a haiku.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
No fence repair for this guy. Between the water heater and sub-basement work, we're putting in over $3k of additional work post-inspection. Of the 5 posts that need replacement, 3 are on the shared fenceline with the rental next door, so that's a shared expense. No way I'm going to get that sorted out with the property management company within a reasonable timeline. Told the buyer we weren't fixing them and he needs to deal with the property mgmt company, which he agreed to, ftw.

Now I get to spend the weekend packing up the garage. This will likely be the most time consuming of all the packing because of how much clean out I will be able to do at the same time.

Stress levels are back down to reasonable levels again... finally. November 2 and we're through closing on our current house, so I can get back to climbing and riding with Haley on the weekends before rd. 2 shows up Dec 15. (scheduled delivery).

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I’m at the Union Station bus terminal. Little slice of New York, this. (Headed to Colorado Springs to pick up the new minivan and drop off a saxophone Jessica was borrowing from a friend.)

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Beers, wings, pizza, and bonfire last night. Good times were had. Have started Gray in gymnastics. He seems to like it. Played outside afterwards at home. Beautiful fall weather. No ride today, catching up on yardwork. Ride tomorrow.

Oh and the title to my car came in the mail yesterday. :headbang:

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Nice, Jon.

@Pesqueeb thai recommendations in the Springs for late lunch?

Edit: got the scoop over text. Bhan Thai is the word and I shall heed it.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
*32F outside, going to wait until it's warmed up before I think about riding :D
The M just informed me of this when I started it. I've been working in the garage packing, so I'm sweating and warm. When I started it, it gave me that "it's cold I'm going to clack for a second until you out 5w-30 into me" sound. Time to put on the winters, change the oil, top the fluids, and leave it be for the next 6 months. Fickle bitch she is... she's still living a short life and will probably go on sale soon. I just need to figure it fixing the valve cover gasket will be worth the $1200 of vs the reduced price of not doing it.

I'm thinking I'll just try to make it with the Forester until the 2017 Volvo V70's come off lease so that I can pick up an 8-speed. The Polestar tune speeds up the shifting too (same gearbox), so it makes for an overall better drive.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hello then now! I spent $200 on a grocery reload this morning. I like grocery shopping. I don't know people hate it...you're buying lots of foodstuffs! Got home and dusted off the road bike for 22 miles around town with the wife. 75 degrees at the end of October just ain't right.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
slight cold so I slept in....Why do wives insist on waking you up every half hour to ask if you are getting up when you already answered no once. leave me the fuck alone you are going off to ride your horse anyways.

after i finally go up
Roof rack was making an annoying whistle so I dug out the old fairing that I used on the Volvo and installed it. I took the Mercedes up to 70mph and no more whistling. I like zero cost fixes

Debating if gooingfor a ride in 55 degrees will make me sick or if I should just ride the trainer for a couple of hours. I thing I will mull it over on a cup of strong coffee

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Snakes are hanging from the trees now....

Had a blast on today's ride. Surfed on leaves, hit some rocks and slid in some mud. Little too muddy in some spots, but it was hilarious how slippery the clay was.

Some rox for @jdcamb. These things are jagged as hell. Pretty light rocks too, I think from old ocean or something?

The leaves are out in full force. It's kind of evil of Mother Nature, the forest is golden and red, but that same beauty is hiding all them rox.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Only a short ride for me this evening, 7 miles before darkness. Busy day, working on a window that had an extra load of shitty work done to it in its past. I effing hate 95% of people. :disgust1:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
My oldest turned 7 today. We went for a really nice hike this morning to a waterfall where the buys hung out and scrambled around.

I took my youngest for a bike ride today so the oldest could have some 1 on 1 time with his mom. We went mountain biking for the first time together. Fuckin eh!!! Both my boys are into mountain biking (for now anyways).

The birthday boy got to choose where to eat tonight. He chose Indian. :thumbs: It's warm enough we can eat on the patio. That's ridiculous for up here at this time of year. I'm typing this from the bathroom of the restaurant. My youngest had to take a dump... I've had to empty the toilet three times already...

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
So who else here nearly died in tornados in Oklahoma today?

Oh, just me.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Unlike JK, I added vehicle debt today. 1.99% is like them paying me, right? If only the underlying vehicle didn’t depreciate...